New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon EOS DX1 AF Expanded Focus

FosterPhoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon EOS DX1 AF Expanded Focus

I rang Canon Tech today here in the UK and was astonished they did not know what a particular setting was that I have on my DX1, they even put me onto a technician and he told me the at the DX1 is so complex he did not know the answer and they don't see it in the manual.
Basically I use the AI Servo , high speed 12 frames sec, and let the camera set the aperture, My Question.. I have set the AF Expansion to (8 points) whereby they appear to be 8 static black squares around a bigger black square, with the circle, these focus point, (squares) DONT move when I focus on my subject, i.e, a Racehorse running and jumping, am I right in thinking if you select any of the case settings, 1 to 6 with these static focus points, that the Case selected does not work ? thats all I asked Canon, they don't know.

When you select any Case setting with the Zone AF, I see the points moving around all over the place in red so I assume the Case settings are not working with the In AF Expansion (8 small black square points and one big black square ) ? as they don't move.

I do racehorse photography and I have found that with Zone AF the camera can do strange things with the focus and you lose the shot as it locks on to the wrong horse. In AF Expansion (8 small black square points and 1 big black square ) I tried yesterday I had far more success but you have to follow the horse and tell the camera what to do but I don't think there is any tracking as regards whatever Case you select?

I am not that keen on auto this that and the other as the camera a thinks for you. So my question is: do you think the Case settings don't work with AF Expansion (8 points) or have I got that right?
Thanks for any enlightenment as Canon UK don't know?

May 14, 2013 at 10:32 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon EOS DX1 AF Expanded Focus

I think you'd do better to post this on the Canon forum. You may have a random user see this post and comment, but on that forum you would have many more eyes interested in the topic. I'm a Nikon shooter and it means nothing to me. Just a thought...

May 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.