Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

How can I improve this photo?

niktnowy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · How can I improve this photo?

This is picture of my wife and my son

What can I do to improve it?
Thanks

May 13, 2013 at 03:35 AM
ScottHM
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · How can I improve this photo?

To me it looks as if she's totally swallowed up by him, and the angle of his head makes it look as if it's floating in air. I might consider switching places/poses, he just seems too large and engulfing for this to work, at least in that particular pose. Might want to change his shirt so it doen't just disappear. I also think the pattern coming out of his head is a little distracting.

May 13, 2013 at 03:46 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #3 · How can I improve this photo?

Regarding exposure, I would just darken his arms a little so they don't steal the spotlight quite so much from their faces.

Beyond that, you might want to re-shoot to catch a better expression from your wife. Here, her expression could be interpreted as "Just take the &%*#! photo".

May 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM
friscoron
• • • •
p.1 #4 · How can I improve this photo?

Re-shoot it. The blown highlights here overwhelm both faces. You can use this pose, but you need to shoot more centered and slightly lower, and include more of your wife's body, if you don't want your son to be so dominant.

Regarding the vignette, the vignette should look very subtle and natural -- not like this where one looks at this picture and thinks: "Oh yes, he definitely decided to use a vignette here." It's just so obvious. Just my opinion/style.

May 13, 2013 at 01:48 PM
Prettym1k3
• • •
p.1 #5 · How can I improve this photo?

The exposure looks a little hot.

I would also have her hold onto his arms with her hands. That makes it look less like he's choking her and more like she wants to be there.

The biggest issue, for me, is her lack of any emotion other than "blah". If she was smiling, that would definitely help.

May 13, 2013 at 06:46 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #6 · How can I improve this photo?

friscoron wrote:
Re-shoot it. The blown highlights here overwhelm both faces. You can use this pose, but you need to shoot more centered and slightly lower, and include more of your wife's body, if you don't want your son to be so dominant.

Regarding the vignette, the vignette should look very subtle and natural -- not like this where one looks at this picture and thinks: "Oh yes, he definitely decided to use a vignette here." It's just so obvious. Just my opinion/style.

I agree, blown highlights and heavy vignetting

May 13, 2013 at 11:45 PM

jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #7 · How can I improve this photo?

This is what I see.

- the look on your wife´s face may be because she is uncomfortable as she has to yield room to your son head (that little tilt of her head makes me see that)
- your son is not hugging his mother but himself as his hands doesnt touch her.
- your son´s head leaning toward the wrong shoulder (the femenine one)
- blur the background, those things coming off the heads are still quite noticeable
- for the light I dont know what mood you want,

May 14, 2013 at 06:07 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #8 · How can I improve this photo?

get her to smile and you have a winner

May 15, 2013 at 05:05 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · How can I improve this photo?

Nice even background. See the dark strip above her head? The ornament above his?

May 15, 2013 at 05:21 AM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #10 · How can I improve this photo?

Her expression could be better. The shape behind the boys head I would remove. It's a little over exposed so tone it down a little.

Nice otherwise.

May 15, 2013 at 03:38 PM
niktnowy

p.1 #11 · How can I improve this photo?

Thank all of you for valuable input.

Will try to take a better picture.

Thanks a lot again.

May 16, 2013 at 02:38 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password