Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Complaint - how to respond

wbulr

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Complaint - how to respond

Hello,

I shoot quite a few races and post pictures online. I received this email this morning and not sure how to respond.

Please take me off your email listing. I think it's kinda shady that you partnered up with the race director so they wouldn't post any of their photos. I probably would have purchased one or two of your photos had I not found out this little tid bit of info from the race director. Have a nice day and maybe try and not be so greedy next time. karma!

A little background - I signed a contract earlier this year with a race director that has about 20 events. Most are small but there are a few large events that make this worthwhile. Previously, a guy with a camera would snap some shots at the smaller races and the director would put them on FB for free downloads.

Other than this one guy, everyone has been happy and complimentary of the pictures.

Marvin

May 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM
gheller
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Complaint - how to respond

I would respond with respect educating him that it is the norm to have an exclusive photographer at events such as these.

keep it short and neutral, thanking him for taking the time to contact you.

HTH

greg

May 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Complaint - how to respond

It's normal, they want some professional quality photos, for free. Take the advice from gheller. "Customers" ALWAYS use the "I would have purchased some photos if..." line, they try to make you feel like you lost a sale. Do you really think someone complaining about not getting free photos was going to buy something in the first place? cmon...

May 13, 2013 at 03:05 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Complaint - how to respond

Why respond, just remove from the list and move on. He would never buy anyway.

May 13, 2013 at 03:22 PM
markd61
• •
p.1 #5 · Complaint - how to respond

jefferies1 wrote:
Why respond, just remove from the list and move on. He would never buy anyway.

+1
We often get distracted by non-clients making noises like they are clients.

May 14, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Complaint - how to respond

Yep....remove from the list...end of story. You won't notice the 1 or 2 pictures they didn't buy.

May 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM
wbulr

p.1 #7 · Complaint - how to respond

Thanks for the validation of my response. Sometimes I forget that you can't make everyone happy. I appreciate the feedback.

May 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

drew.bowser
• • •
p.1 #8 · Complaint - how to respond

I agree, not even worth a reply. Its obvious they don't know how professionals work - not even close to anything related to karma, ha!

May 14, 2013 at 01:08 AM
glort
• • •
p.1 #9 · Complaint - how to respond

When you get one complaint that is " Irrational" emotional, based on flawed or incorrect facts or premises, it can be dismissed if everyone else is happy.

You are never going to please everybody and it's unwise in several respects to try.
It's bad business to make the rules for the exceptions.

If you get multiple Complaints from clients whom are earnest and their grievances are legitimate, it's very smart to look at those complaints because it's people giving you free consultation on how to improve your bottom line by keeping people happier and endearing your product to them.

Sometimes in cases like this, when you really analyze the complaint and the source and nature of it, it can actually be a confirmation that you are doing things correct from a business standpoint already.

May 15, 2013 at 02:19 AM
Milezero00

p.1 #10 · Complaint - how to respond

Idisagree with those saying you should not respond. I realize my post is after the fact but I think a non-response only confirms the perception that you are "shady". Also, I would assume you are giving low res images to the race director for facebook posting. It may be worth including in your soliciations (if you don't already) that the images purchased are high res suitable for high quality printing. I agree with the post which stated that it is an opportunity to educate. It only takes a moment to be courteous and you never know what may develop from this in the future. Karma indeed!

Jun 19, 2013 at 04:23 PM
Gravitytoy
• • •
p.1 #11 · Complaint - how to respond

Here's a thought: Offer him a free pic. That'll take the "greedy" accusation instantly out of the dialogue.

Jul 10, 2013 at 03:38 AM
PeteT
• •
p.1 #12 · Complaint - how to respond

" Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and kind complements. The race director has chosen to respect the race participants and the reason for the race itself by ensuring that only professional grade photos were published by the organization. I hope that you share in the fact the these amazing athletes really deserve the best memories preserved from for their long term enjoyment and for those who joined us.

With that I hope that you do choose to purchase an image or two and join us in respecting these fine athletes by displaying them proudly on your wall.

Finest regards,
Joe Photographer"

Oct 02, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Complaint - how to respond

Gravitytoy wrote:
Here's a thought: Offer him a free pic. That'll take the "greedy" accusation instantly out of the dialogue.

great idea! then he's telling all his racing buddies about how he complained and got a free photo. then everyone is complaining to try and get something for free.

Oct 07, 2013 at 06:25 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password