1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · 1Ds III or 1Dx

Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 1Ds III or 1Dx

ggreene wrote:
In retrospect, I would have liked to have kept my 1D4 but I had to sell it to afford the 1DX. The 1D4 offers better IQ in decent light which is the vast majority of my outdoor work.

No way the 1D4 have better IQ than the 1DX. The 1D4 have very good IQ but not better than the 1DX.
It's a crop sensor with less MP than the 1DX. And a bit older also.

May 17, 2013 at 03:10 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 1Ds III or 1Dx

That was in reference to being FL limited. It has 6MP more on target at 1.3x crop.

May 17, 2013 at 03:48 PM
campyone
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 1Ds III or 1Dx

The 1DX would need to have some very special feature that was critically important to me and available in no other Canon camera in order to justify the price difference between it and a 1DsIII for me.

May 18, 2013 at 08:56 AM
chmod
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 1Ds III or 1Dx

I own both the 1Ds MIII and the 1DX. I have ~15k shutter activations on the 1DX.

80% of my shooting has been/is performance dance in low and/or extremely high contrast situations, awash with shadow and everyone spinning like dervishes. :-)

Between the two bodies, in my use cases, there is absolutely no comparison as the 1DX is vastly superior. The issues are AF accuracy, high ISO and Servo tracking predictability.

I loved my 1Ds MIII from the day I bought it in 2008. But it will soon be for sale. It is a spectacular body, but for my uses, it can no longer provide what I need.

I owned a seminal 5D, but have never used the newer 5 bodies. I am sure they are great, and at a great price/performance ratio. I would not hesitate to recommend one of those for most people.

But I am fully "in like" with the build quality of the 1 series after random (on a shoot, on vacation, just stuff which happens ) accidents over the last 5 years which resulted in zero functional damage. I'm not abusive of my gear, but I do treat it like mechanical gear, not trophy pieces.

May 23, 2013 at 01:17 PM
gome1122
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 1Ds III or 1Dx

And the 14FPS don't forget that.

May 23, 2013 at 02:58 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 1Ds III or 1Dx

campyone wrote:
The 1DX would need to have some very special feature that was critically important to me and available in no other Canon camera in order to justify the price difference between it and a 1DsIII for me.

Of course you are comparing a 6 year old camera that has greatly depreciated in price now, but at launch 1Ds III was $1K or more dearer than 1D X. Ignoring price, 1D X outclasses 1Ds III in so many ways it's the best value 1 series FF by a long way.

May 23, 2013 at 06:01 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 1Ds III or 1Dx

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Of course you are comparing a 6 year old camera that has greatly depreciated in price now, but at launch 1Ds III was $1K or more dearer than 1D X. Ignoring price, 1D X outclasses 1Ds III in so many ways it's the best value 1 series FF by a long way.

What he said.

campyone wrote:

This has been discussed in many previous threads, including this one, of course. If you can't see any worthwhile features in the 1DX, then don't bother. Just move along.

May 23, 2013 at 06:06 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.