Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Seen better days

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Seen better days

Visited Old Car City USA - 35 acres of treasures. Particular sameness after awhile but sitll fun.

Not everyone's taste in subject matter, I know but here we go. Some are explorations of HDR.

I was advised by the owner to stay on trails because of (1) poison ivy, and (2) need not be kicking up snakes - followed his advice.

More to follow, comments welcome

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Front Porch

NIKON D7100    12.0-24.0 mm f/4.0 lens    18mm    f/7.1    1/200s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

HDR - '52 Chevy?

NIKON D7100    12.0-24.0 mm f/4.0 lens    18mm    f/7.1    1/50s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

HDR

NIKON D7100    12.0-24.0 mm f/4.0 lens    24mm    f/7.1    1/4s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

B&W HDR

NIKON D7100    12.0-24.0 mm f/4.0 lens    12mm    f/7.1    1/8s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

May 12, 2013 at 03:23 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Seen better days

Surprise, surprise! I love these!!
First serves best to open a sequence, begin the story.
Second, wonderful light. Did you add the tilt? Works for me. I am not sure I would have shot as stopped down as you did, but I think it was a good choice. I like seeing the rusty cars continue in the distance. HDR done right: I cant tell.
Third looks good too. Maybe a bit of halo above the dash. I might make the shifter a bit darker.
Fourth, great angle. I feel a bit crunched in myself, looking at this. So it is an effective comp. I'd try to fix the blown out, low contrast area through the windshield top left.
A very enjoyable series.
I am ready for more.
BTW, what are you using for your HDR conversion? What in camera settings do you choose? And what does the EXIF mean in terms of EV if you are bracketing? Is it the middle value?

Scott

Edited on May 12, 2013 at 06:18 PM · View previous versions

May 12, 2013 at 03:30 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Seen better days

Nice find ... probably a bit overwhelming to try and get your "vision" of the one you're working on when so many others are waiting for their turn. A little HDR'ish for my taste on the 3rd one, but as HDR goes it doesn't seem garishly, phony, fake ... just stylistic.

And for the real question of the day ... "Where is this place?"
Google says it's only about 150 miles down the street (Hwy 411) from Dolly's place (Sevierville).

Diggin' the fact that they charge a bit different for "with camera", which means ... ain't nobody gonna hassle you about bringing one and "doin' your thing".

Took a stab at some WB tweaks (blue tires) and a touch of usm/desat on the first one. Diggin' #4 the most.

May 12, 2013 at 06:05 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Seen better days

sbeme wrote:
Surprise, surprise! I love these!!
First serves best to open a sequence, begin the story.
Second, wonderful light. Did you add the tilt? Works for me. I am not sure I would have shot as stopped down as you did, but I think it was a good choice. I like seeing the rusty cars continue in the distance. HDR done right: I cant tell.
Third looks good too. Maybe a bit of halo above the dash. I might make the shifter a bit darker.
Fourth, great angle. I feel a bit crunched in myself, looking at this. So it is an effective comp.
...Show more

Thanks Scott,

#2 - Noticed the tilt after post, not conscious adjustment but it works better for me so I, contrary to my normal self, left it alone.

HDR - Nik HDR Efex Pro 2, which came bundled in Google's package for Nik owners. First time I ever tried it, so no bracketing etc. - from a single capture.

Glad you like the subject matter...

Regards,

Bob

May 12, 2013 at 08:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Seen better days

RustyBug wrote:
Nice find ... probably a bit overwhelming to try and get your "vision" of the one you're working on when so many others are waiting for their turn. A little HDR'ish for my taste on the 3rd one, but as HDR goes it doesn't seem garishly, phony, fake ... just stylistic.

And for the real question of the day ... "Where is this place?"
Google says it's only about 150 miles down the street (Hwy 411) from Dolly's place (Sevierville).

Diggin' the fact that they charge a bit different for "with camera", which means ... ain't nobody gonna hassle you about
...Show more

Thanks Kent,

Yes, over-stimulation. The owner, Dean Lewis, was taken aback that I only stayed 1 1/2 hours, and had paid the photography surcharge ($5.00), but a gathering for a wedding was another hour down the road. Photographers are a good portion of his business, at least based on our conversation. Take captures of anything you want, just observe the closing time (4PM) and if you get lost, head toward the sounds of the highway. Do not open doors, trunks, hoods (not that one could pry open anyway).

Location: I-75, exit 293, head east, 2 miles on right. About an hour south of Chattanooga, and 45 minutes north of Atlanta, once you clear I-75/285 junction.

Thanks for adjusting WB

Regards,

Bob

May 12, 2013 at 08:55 PM
Kaden K.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Seen better days

Nice. I like #3 best.

May 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Seen better days

Kaden K. wrote:
Nice. I like #3 best.

Thanks Kaden,

There is another thread, same location, over on Black & White Vision.

Bob

May 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password