New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Website C&C...

sturatcliffe

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Website C&C...

I'd really appreciate it if some of you could have a quick look through my website and let me know what you think (from the point of view of potential clients)
how easy is it to navigate?
is all the information there (or is there too much)?
is it attractive?
well made?

thanks in advance

http://www.srphoto.co.uk

May 11, 2013 at 01:24 AM
tt_mt6
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Website C&C...

From first glance, you may need a more catchy font color for the navigation as it blends in with the background.
IMHO, I think the photos should not all change at once.. maybe need more offset.

May 11, 2013 at 01:20 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Website C&C...

I would use another background color. Lock the images in place on the front page or have one large image with that being the slide show. Too much going on to pay attention to one part. Use only your best images. Some are just bad exposure.

May 11, 2013 at 01:30 PM
sturatcliffe

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Website C&C...

jefferies1 wrote:
I would use another background color. Lock the images in place on the front page or have one large image with that being the slide show.

Do you mean something similar to a 'splash page' - one large image slideshow that when clicked enters the website?

May 13, 2013 at 11:28 AM
sturatcliffe

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Website C&C...

I have gone ahead and created a splash page and changed the homepage to only show one image per category (instead of a slideshow). does this look better?

May 14, 2013 at 08:38 AM
15Bit
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Website C&C...

On my browser the main page flashes up quickly before the splash "Enter" page shows

Other Comments:

- Change the background colour
- Don't autoplay videos.
- Frame the images that are displayed
- Dropdown menus for Portfolio and Packages display over the bottom row of images, which looks poor
- Do you really need a Captcha in the Contact Me section?
- In the galleries, the background and background images could dim when a picture is viewed and zoomed to foreground. When deselected, the images should unzoom again (as well as when you click on them a second time)
- Your logo: The lines show up with bad aliasing on my screen.
- Instead of "Coming Soon" sections, just don't put anything: Having nothing doesn't get noticed, having under construction pages makes it look half finished

May 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM
ronfronberg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Website C&C...

15Bit wrote:
On my browser the main page flashes up quickly before the splash "Enter" page shows

I agree that the main page shows before the "Enter" page.

I would eliminate the "Enter" page. The viewer is already at your site.

ron

May 24, 2013 at 02:56 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Website C&C...

In the "About Me" section is that you at the bottom with the woman? Not clear, but a picture of you might be a good idea, or if it is you, who is the woman?

The wedding photography is OK. Music is fine, but video is overly long even though it might be typical of what a customer could expect. A few groups would suffice, not every combo. It gets tiring having to watch it all. Other observations: I am not fond of the "fig leaf" pose of the groomsmen. Have them put their hands to the side next time. Any hanging gowns other than the brides shouldn't be featured. There are too many of the same H&S of the bride. Other than that it just requires a little more editing on the wedding video.

I am not into the graphics end as much as the other posters are so no comment there. Overall it's a nice friendly website. I wouldn't worry about everything right now. It will evolve as you continue to shoot. Make a few corrections if you want.... then let her go. Good luck.

May 25, 2013 at 06:56 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.