Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Tamron 28-75 With and Without 25mm tube

Pazzaz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tamron 28-75 With and Without 25mm tube

My Tammy calls itself a Macro lens but it does not reach a full 1:1 ratio. It does, however, focus within about 4 inches. I've done a bit of looking online to see what the effect of a tube would be. Would it shorten focus distance so much the tube would not work?

Last Sunday I bought a Canon 25mm II tube on Ebay and it arrived yesterday.

The tube works! It is possible to achieve focus, auto focus with this lens even, but the front of the lens is about one and a half to two inches from the subject. Not going to work so well with bees, I don't think.

Also, with the tube, it is like putting on glasses and suddenly becoming VERY near sighted. Only objects within 2 inches would focus. Nothing else at all and not at all on the wider range, such as the 28 end.

The one shot I've included with the build in flash is probably a little over exposed. I believe a diffuser would help. I was pleased to see that the lens itself did not block the flash although the flash was blocked until I removed the lens lens hood.

Hope this helps someone else who may have the Tammy 28-75 who is wondering if a tube is the way to go to get better macro.

All shots taken with Canon 7D. All hand held.

Tammy alone, 75mm, as close as I could get and achieve auto focus:
Rose, Blue Girl, f/8:

Same lens (for all these shots) this time with 25mm extender, auto focus, natural light, f/8:

With 7D's built in flash, f/8:

Dandelion Puff:

75mm only, f/8:

75mm with 25, f/8

Thistle:

75mm only, f/2.8:

75mm with 25 tube, f/2.8:

May 09, 2013 at 10:23 PM
LordV
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tamron 28-75 With and Without 25mm tube

Good ones- clearly works !
brian v.

May 10, 2013 at 06:13 AM
e6filmuser
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tamron 28-75 With and Without 25mm tube

Try changing the aperture to f11 and doubling the ISO. If you use a diffuser you will have to increase the ISO more.

Harold

May 10, 2013 at 09:56 AM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password