New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

CarlG
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

If anyone is interested in upgrading to CS6, you can only do it by contacting Adobe direct, by phone (800.585.0774). Follow the menu prompts to purchase a new product.

They'll try talking you into a Cloud subscription first but give them a sob story of being a part time user of Photoshop. As long as you have an account with Adobe (registered Photoshop version of CS4 or CS5), they'll allow you to purchase the upgrade over the phone for just $199.00. They will only honor this for the next two weeks, according to the operator I spoke with.

It worked for me and they have already emailed me the link to download it.

This is the only way to pick up an upgrade to CS6 - they yanked it from the shelves of retail outlets as well as their own Adobe store site.

Good luck.

May 09, 2013 at 03:20 PM
matt4626
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

RIP Adobe......

May 09, 2013 at 03:45 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

matt4626 wrote:
RIP Adobe......

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7300/8723272737_ba0970229a_o.jpg

May 09, 2013 at 03:52 PM
colinm
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

CarlG wrote:
This is the only way to pick up an upgrade to CS6 - they yanked it from the shelves of retail outlets as well as their own Adobe store site.

Negative. Photoshop CS6 upgrades were never on store shelves to begin with—CS6 was the first Creative Suite release where upgrades were offered only directly through the Adobe Store. Retailers could only order and offer full versions (with the exception of Lightroom, which isn't considered a full-fledged Creative Suite app).

It wasn't a big loss for retailers, either, as Adobe's price controls meant everyone short of B&H and Amazon was generally losing money selling upgrades.

And the CS6 apps and suites actually are still available in both formats if you use some kind of arcane magic on the Adobe Store, but phone sales is definitely easier.

May 09, 2013 at 05:38 PM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

I don't see the point. CS5 works for me and I don't have to enter the serial number everytime I use it. Besides, why would I give them one red cent after the crap they just pulled?

May 09, 2013 at 06:20 PM
CarlG
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

colinm wrote:
Negative. Photoshop CS6 upgrades were never on store shelves to begin with—CS6 was the first Creative Suite release where upgrades were offered only directly through the Adobe Store. Retailers could only order and offer full versions (with the exception of Lightroom, which isn't considered a full-fledged Creative Suite app).

It wasn't a big loss for retailers, either, as Adobe's price controls meant everyone short of B&H and Amazon was generally losing money selling upgrades.

And the CS6 apps and suites actually are still available in both formats if you use some kind of arcane magic on the Adobe Store, but phone
...Show more

Sorry, dude....just trying to help where I could.

May 09, 2013 at 06:35 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

You are talking only about Photoshop, not the entire Suite, correct?

May 09, 2013 at 06:36 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

Actually, you can do it online and skip the sermon.

May 09, 2013 at 10:45 PM
lorac
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

CarlG wrote:
If anyone is interested in upgrading to CS6, you can only do it by contacting Adobe direct, by phone (800.585.0774). Follow the menu prompts to purchase a new product.

They'll try talking you into a Cloud subscription first but give them a sob story of being a part time user of Photoshop. As long as you have an account with Adobe (registered Photoshop version of CS4 or CS5), they'll allow you to purchase the upgrade over the phone for just $199.00. They will only honor this for the next two weeks, according to the operator I spoke with.

It worked for me
...Show more

So many different stories. It appears you can just do it online and it's supposed to be available until June 13. Not sure what's the truth anymore with Adobe.

Lora

May 10, 2013 at 05:07 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

Forget about the whole cloud thing for a moment. Why do you need to upgrade to CS6 anyway?

I'm on CS6 mostly because it was my last chance to upgrade from CS3. But, even if I had only gone to CS5 (which I used @ demo while waiting for CS6 to release), it would be more than sufficient for what PS does. People are freaking out about the inability to upgrade past CS6 unless you've got the cloud ... why do you need CS6 or the upgrades beyond CS6?

Okay, new camera's, new lenses ... LR or Elements should be able to handle that with ease @ future stuff. Why will we really need Adobe's "latest & greatest" of a program that is the industry standard and already is very mature. Honestly ... I could go back to CS3 and still do my edits. Granted the 64bit vs. 32 bit difference might be felt a little and the RAW processor is different.

But, if you've got LR4, you've essentially got the CS6 RAW processor already. What is so incredibly compelling that you've got to have the "latest upgrade" to Photoshop via the cloud subscription or upgrading from CS5 to CS6 right now (other than "last chance")?

Am I missing something here ... besides "Adobe pisses me off." ... what is it about your current PS that prevents you from doing your work with it? If you haven't upgraded to CS6 already ... gee, did you really need it that badly that you should be 'freaking out' over the cloud BS?

Just sayin' ... the hate bandwagon is fun to get on ... but how does it change the fact that you've already lived your entire life without CS6 and the latest PS version?

Some of the most compelling closing techniques to get someone to buy what you're selling is called "impending doom" and/or "take it away" ... and a lot of people are "swallowing the hook" on this one when they should just swim right on past it.

BTW ... thanks to the OP for the update @ still taking phone orders last chance for those who want CS6. Some folks like the changes to CS6, others prefer CS5 ... most learn to live with either just fine ... but there are some quirky diff's. Imo, if you've already got LR4 and are on CS5 ... I'm not seeing a lot of need for CS6. CS4 or earlier ... get CS6 while you can.

May 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

In Photoshop Channel Chops, Bert Monroy wrote back fifteen years ago, that most Photoshop users don't want to spend time to learn it, and all they want to do is to use third-party plugins so that they can push a button to get things done. That was true back then, and is still not false today. I have taken some serious look at open source solutions, namely GIMP/GIMPSHOP/ImageJ, and my conclusion is that those can work 100% even for professional retouchers who demand CMYK color space output. But, the catch is that you need to learn to ditch your Photoshop plugins in the first place.

May 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
CarlG
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

RustyBug wrote:
BTW ... thanks to the OP for the update @ still taking phone orders last chance for those who want CS6. Some folks like the changes to CS6, others prefer CS5 ... most learn to live with either just fine ... but there are some quirky diff's. Imo, if you've already got LR4 and are on CS5 ... I'm not seeing a lot of need for CS6. CS4 or earlier ... get CS6 while you can.

Thanks. Yes, I came from CS4 and opted to jump to CS6 while I could. Could I have lived with CS4 and LR4? Sure. But I opted to jump to CS6 should I ever want to jump onto the 5D III (or other body) bandwagon. It will be the last version I see for a long time!!

May 10, 2013 at 01:22 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

mshi wrote:
In Photoshop Channel Chops, Bert Monroy wrote back fifteen years ago, that most Photoshop users don't want to spend time to learn it, and all they want to do is to use third-party plugins so that they can push a button to get things done. That was true back then, and is still not false today. I have taken some serious look at open source solutions, namely GIMP/GIMPSHOP/ImageJ, and my conclusion is that those can work 100% even for professional retouchers who demand CMYK color space output. But, the catch is that you need to learn to ditch your Photoshop
...Show more

Part of the reason I switched over to PS vs. Corel Paint Shop Pro or other lesser $$$ tools (years ago) was the LAB space that they didn't offer. But, it's kind a funny for me to hear mshi mention plugins ... that word isn't really even part of my PS vocabulary. When I want automation ... LR is the ticket for me. When I want refined control (particularly with layers and color correction) ... about any version of PS will give me the tools needed.

And, with the advent of how far LR has come along ... more and more people passionately and ardently claiming there is almost no need for PS anyway ... so why so much grumbling @ PS updates holding us hostage to a cloud subscription?

May 10, 2013 at 02:00 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

For most shooters, they can't tell any inconsistencies in hue, saturation and luminosity levels in the naked eye when it comes down to post. Does LR help you to spot those inconsistencies? It didn't help me to say the least. Why you need to know where those inconsistencies are? Because that's where 150-year-young technology called Dodging & Burning need to be applied. Can you do that in LR? LR didn't allow me to do D&B separately in three different departments: Hue, Saturation and Luminosity.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7363/8725280584_d7f6122b42_z.jpg

May 10, 2013 at 04:23 PM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

I have not found any link to be able to download the CS6 upgrade. Every way I try to find a Photoshop download I get moved to CC. I tried a couple of days ago and could only find a link to the full PS6 purchase. Now I can't even find that.
If anyone has a verified link that works could you post it please, otherwise I'll just call the number on Monday.

Thx

Mike

May 12, 2013 at 03:32 AM
MGH-PA
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

I just found the CS6 purchase link on the site, but it's the $349 educator price, no upgrade mentioned.

May 12, 2013 at 07:02 AM
Coltrane
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

Get off the website and just call them. The upgrade is still available via phone.

May 12, 2013 at 07:05 AM
coder
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

Just grabbed the upgrade online.

Try this link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html

Click Buy, then you can select "upgrade".

Also, this did not work for me in Chrome, but did in Firefox just fine, don't know why.

Hope this helps someone.

May 12, 2013 at 08:01 AM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

Thanks Coder,... worked great

Mike

May 12, 2013 at 08:28 AM
MGH-PA
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Adobe Taking Phone Orders-CS6 Upgrade

Thanks! Now have to decide whether to upgrade to CS6 and forgo my educational licensing or pay a little more and buy the full CS6 extended ( cheaper than the upgrade when you factor in educational discount).

May 12, 2013 at 09:28 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.