Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Anyone use SD card as back-up in 5D3 for weddings?

DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Anyone use SD card as back-up in 5D3 for weddings?

dhp_sf wrote:
I tend to burst on grand exits/entrances where I want to make sure I get a shot in focus with the subject with a good expression. It might just be 2-3 shots per person but when you have a bridal party of 5-6 pairs, the buffer can fill up before you know it when they're coming in at a quick pace, and then lock up right as the B&G walk out.

In general usage, thought it's not really an issue.

Yeah, that's usually the once in a while occasion that I hit the buffer.

May 25, 2013 at 09:45 PM
CW100
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Anyone use SD card as back-up in 5D3 for weddings?

form wrote:
Problem with SD is, it's so cheap...half the price.

yes, shooting RAW on SD cards for the best value/write speed

May 27, 2013 at 05:57 PM
Inga
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Anyone use SD card as back-up in 5D3 for weddings?

I shoot with both types of cards in the camera permanently and write RAW to both cards. The SD card is the 95mb/s version, (even though I realise that at the moment it is not being used to anywhere near that speed in the camera).

Have never had a slowdown during a wedding.

I also shoot basketball with the camera and generally shoot at the fps rate the camera will allow. More often than not I'm only shooting in bursts of 5-7 images, sometimes a few quick singles before that burst and sometimes one or two after the main burst. The camera hasn't slowed the frame rate, but the 'working' light is lit for maybe 5 seconds or so after a run of action like that. So, I can still keep shooting. Can't see that sort of thing coming up too often at a wedding. That said, the example of repeated smaller burst building up in the buffer over time, like during a grand entrance/exit, does seem more likely to occur. But whether it would cause the camera speed to slow down is another question.

May 28, 2013 at 01:56 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.