Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Marketplace Feedback Advice – Issue With Seller

StanOPhoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Marketplace Feedback Advice – Issue With Seller

I have been involved in an mediocre sale on the forum as a buyer and I need some advice on the feedback portion and possible PayPal buyer protection claims.

Here's the breakdown of the transaction:
– Seller has had several positive feedbacks dating back to 2006.
– Seller posted photos of the item and was easy to work with. His replies to me were brief and felt short, but could have come from a mobile device.
– I purchased a compact camera from the Seller, which was to include the box and original accessories.
– Seller was to ship out the following Monday. Midway through the week, I received nothing and made contact with him. For whatever reason, he never shipped out. Item went out on Saturday, 6 days late.
– I received the package Monday morning and everything looked great. The camera is as described and it was packaged well. Initial use shows the camera works well. One issue, the Seller forgot to include the BATTERY CHARGER.
– I sent the Seller a PM and email to let him know, repeating every two days for one week. I have yet to receive a response. His forum status says the last time he logged in was on the shipping date.

Since I have been unable to reach the Seller, I went ahead and bought a replacement charger. It cost me $35 on a $160 transaction.

Obviously I am upset with this hassle. My questions are:

– What feedback should I leave the guy on the forum?
– Should I contact PayPal Buyer Protection to recoop the cost of the replacement battery charger or should I just let this slide?

May 09, 2013 at 01:04 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Marketplace Feedback Advice – Issue With Seller

Without knowing who this seller is, it's not possible, certainly for me, to gather his side of the story. So.... Tell him in a PM/email that, unless he provides you with an immediate, equitable solution to the issue you've described here - assuming that your description is accurate - you will post his name here, in the clear, and solicit the membership's assistance in reaching one.

May 09, 2013 at 01:26 AM
StanOPhoto
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Marketplace Feedback Advice – Issue With Seller

anthonysemone wrote:
Without knowing who this seller is, it's not possible, certainly for me, to gather his side of the story. So.... Tell him in a PM/email that, unless he provides you with an immediate, equitable solution to the issue you've described here - assuming that your description is accurate - you will post his name here, in the clear, and solicit the membership's assistance in reaching one.

He has not responded to my PM's and emails for 5 days. He also has not logged into the Forum for 6 days. I can't wait around forever to get the battery charged.

May 09, 2013 at 01:31 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Marketplace Feedback Advice – Issue With Seller

Get ready for another example of herd mentality.

May 09, 2013 at 03:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Wobble
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Marketplace Feedback Advice – Issue With Seller

You now have a charger so you can start using the camera now. People do go on vacation or have situations where they cannot sign onto FM for a while.

I did not see where you posted on a thread to buy the item. Perhaps all contact was done thru PM or email.

Send them an email with delivery and read confirmation that you are going to have to involve PayPal.

May 09, 2013 at 04:03 AM
Andrew J
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Marketplace Feedback Advice – Issue With Seller

send him a letter using snail mail

May 23, 2013 at 06:42 PM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Marketplace Feedback Advice – Issue With Seller

Go to Amazon, they have them for like $3. I'd leave neutral feedback, possibly bad. A charger is very important item to include.

May 23, 2013 at 09:29 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Marketplace Feedback Advice – Issue With Seller

If that situation happened to me, I would leave neg. feedback for now and then if the seller does the right thing, change it to neutral or even positive depending on the final outcome.

May 24, 2013 at 03:30 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password