Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

scottam10
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

I agree with stanj, the software isn't much use unless you own a Canon camera (and some people can have trouble finding the required camera serial number as per the comments above)

Great idea to make it available online, otherwise it can be tricky for people who buy their camera second hand without the software disc (or lose the disc)

May 09, 2013 at 02:44 AM
Adam612

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

They should've made the software available for download a long time ago, but better late than never. There's been at least one instance where I needed the software and didn't have a disk with me. It's also worth noting that these days an install direct from a file is generally much faster than installing from a CD.

May 09, 2013 at 03:49 AM
danb121
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

scottam10 wrote:
I agree with stanj, the software isn't much use unless you own a Canon camera (and some people can have trouble finding the required camera serial number as per the comments above)

Great idea to make it available online, otherwise it can be tricky for people who buy their camera second hand without the software disc (or lose the disc)

Maybe it's useless for RAW conversion of NEF files but you can use it for tiffs just fine, Canon also provides stitching software in this package... I don't have any problems with this only being available for Canon users; we all have Canon cameras and they all have serial numbers, whats the problem

May 09, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Eric Gottesman
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

Not sure why you would want to download this if you didn't have a Canon camera.

May 09, 2013 at 04:42 PM
Micky Bill
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

Eric Gottesman wrote:
Not sure why you would want to download this if you didn't have a Canon camera.

I wonder why Canon would care and make you jump through hoops to use a Canon product with a Canon product. I had the same BS with a Minolta scanner

May 09, 2013 at 05:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pliukait
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

woward wrote:
I've tried different approaches. It keeps coming back saying "your product is up to date - you do not need this upgrade..."

I had the same problem with the serial number of my 1DsIII, the one from the bottom of the camera. So I tried my wife's G10, that worked like a charm.

Go figure??

May 10, 2013 at 03:10 AM
Gubat

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

I just used canon DPP to get my camera's serial number.

May 10, 2013 at 09:08 AM
Eric Gottesman
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

Entering a serial # goes a long way towards being more convenient compared to requiring the disc and a previously installed version on the computer for any software updates. I bought a sold a couple of cameras and in the mix I ended up without a disc. When I got a new computer, I was SOL until I sourced a disc. That was far more annoying.

May 10, 2013 at 04:22 PM
David Baldwin
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I've been meaning to get to grips with Canon's own RAW software and just downloading it with a camera serial number is really easy. Nice one Canon.

May 10, 2013 at 05:08 PM
doogie2304
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · EOS Digital Solution Software available for download

have just tried to download using the serial numbers from my 1ds3 and 1ds2 and both gave the 'you are already up to date' message. on a whim, i threw a '0' in front of my serial number and it worked.
very strange canon...

May 11, 2013 at 12:12 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password