Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · What do you think?

dmpettaw
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What do you think?

Just one to share.

May 08, 2013 at 01:11 PM
Jeff Simpson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What do you think?

not a fan. a little too dark for my tastes and it feels off to me how they are covered up.

May 08, 2013 at 01:34 PM
Dan Grisez
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What do you think?

Very dramatic! I like it. Well done!

May 08, 2013 at 03:18 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What do you think?

I personally would not blog it but I would def. include it in the final set delivered to them.

May 08, 2013 at 03:24 PM
ktan7

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What do you think?

Gorgeous and drama!

May 08, 2013 at 03:52 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What do you think?

Meh.

May 08, 2013 at 03:56 PM
dmpettaw
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What do you think?

amonline wrote:
Meh.

lol I had to Google to figure out what that meant. Thanks for looking

May 09, 2013 at 09:27 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What do you think?

Not perfectly executed but nice.

May 09, 2013 at 09:32 AM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What do you think?

I like it but for me you killed it a little with the processing.

May 09, 2013 at 10:28 AM
ocir
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What do you think?

I have to wonder why people just write "meh" without an explanation.

May 09, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What do you think?

I like the image, but wish you focused on the couple. I also liked the other solo image you posted.

I think its difficult as a new poster to come in with these sorts of images because we are looking at them in a vacuum. I think if this image were part of a solid set or if you were an established poster where we knew your style, it'd have a different feel to it and you'd get different responses.

welcome to FM and keep posting!

May 09, 2013 at 01:47 PM
dmpettaw
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · What do you think?

Thanks guys and I really appreciate you guys looking. Just to give you an idea of what my style is like. I love contrast and it's hard for me to leave it. Thanks again guys and taking the time to look at my stuff.

Edited on May 09, 2013 at 02:27 PM · View previous versions

May 09, 2013 at 02:23 PM
dmpettaw
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · What do you think?

canerino wrote:
I like the image, but wish you focused on the couple. I also liked the other solo image you posted.

I think its difficult as a new poster to come in with these sorts of images because we are looking at them in a vacuum. I think if this image were part of a solid set or if you were an established poster where we knew your style, it'd have a different feel to it and you'd get different responses.

welcome to FM and keep posting!

Wow. Been following and admiring your work for so long. Thanks for commenting.

May 09, 2013 at 02:26 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · What do you think?

canerino wrote:
I like the image, but wish you focused on the couple.

+1

Attention def. goes to that bright white section of the veil instead (ideally IMHO) of leading the eye down the veil into the couple.

May 09, 2013 at 04:25 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · What do you think?

Steve notes that attention goes to the bright part of the veil. Seems to me the veil is the subject, here, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. This image isolates the veil quite well, and just leads the viewer to look at the veil for a minute -- not a problem if the rest of the set does a nice job of capturing the clients and people at the wedding. It's essentially a detail shot with the couple in the background.

May 09, 2013 at 07:32 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · What do you think?

I think if you made the dark sections brighter and the brighter sections darker ...

May 09, 2013 at 08:07 PM
kev857

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · What do you think?

its different! nice touch keep exploring,

May 18, 2013 at 02:41 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · What do you think?

after looking at your work here and on your site. it is dark. its nice but just dark. not my style. but then again, your not trying to get me to hire you. if your clients are happy, then thats all that matters. I wouldn't worry about what people here think or say and I wouldn't worry about trying to please photographers. I wont go off on that tangent right now

Your heart is obviously in this for the long run. You love what you do and it shows in your work.

Now you asked, what do I think....... For me, I dont like it. I would have cropped it differently and had some light on the B&G. But then again, you're not shooting to please me. Knowing what my brides like and what people like in general that are not photographers. This photo will work and I bet it makes them very happy for a very long time. This would be the type of image they would hang on the wall.

May 18, 2013 at 03:45 AM
dmpettaw
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · What do you think?

paparazzinick wrote:
after looking at your work here and on your site. it is dark. its nice but just dark. not my style. but then again, your not trying to get me to hire you. if your clients are happy, then thats all that matters. I wouldn't worry about what people here think or say and I wouldn't worry about trying to please photographers. I wont go off on that tangent right now

Your heart is obviously in this for the long run. You love what you do and it shows in your work.

Now you asked, what do I think.......
...Show more

Thanks man for your honesty. I do like my B&W dark most of the time. I can't explain it, I just love the look of it. Thanks again

May 18, 2013 at 04:56 AM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · What do you think?

What is the subject? The vale or the couple's kiss? My eyes are drawn to the blown-out vale dead center.

May 18, 2013 at 05:08 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password