Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       6       end

Archive 2013 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

pburke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Tried DXO months ago - it's useless unless you only shoot lenses it supports. I have 2 lenses that are supported, 9 that are unsupported. Very nice for RAW conversion of those two lenses, but not having a manual mode kills it for me.

I bought CS6 and will use it until it is totally obsolete, which is when I will look at my other options.

May 09, 2013 at 02:00 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Does Adobe already have all of us by the *alls? Even if we stay with CS6 or whatever version, what happens a couple years down the road when we fire it up, it tries to phone home, and there isn't any server on the other side to authenitcate us? We wouldn't be able to even use our legally licensed software!

This scenario could happen if Adobe decides to pull ALL support for PS CSx in product form or (more likely) they have gone out of business.

Initially I voted to join, but didn't like it. Well I like it less and less....

It's beginning to make sense to look at someone completely different than Adobe.

May 09, 2013 at 02:43 PM
KFG1
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

I have zero plans to join Adobe CC. I'm fortunate to have two disc copies of CS6 on two computers and that will hold me over for a couple years or so and It covers all my current cameras. So either Adobe pulls their creative head out of their a** and delivers CS7 in disc form or someone else will develop something new that will make us forget about Adobe all together.

May 09, 2013 at 06:30 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Bernie wrote:
Does Adobe already have all of us by the *alls? Even if we stay with CS6 or whatever version, what happens a couple years down the road when we fire it up, it tries to phone home, and there isn't any server on the other side to authenitcate us? We wouldn't be able to even use our legally licensed software!

Does CS6 have to phone home regularly even after it is activated?

EBH

May 09, 2013 at 06:34 PM
KFG1
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

EB-1 wrote:

EBH

I don't think CS6 does this, since I've used it quite often in places that have no internet service and it still works fine every time.

May 09, 2013 at 06:39 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

KFG1 wrote:
I don't think CS6 does this, since I've used it quite often in places that have no internet service and it still works fine every time.

not sure why, but virtually all CS6 programs request internet access upon starting (according to my firewall). I have auto-update switched off so checking activation is another potential reason for these requests.

May 09, 2013 at 08:15 PM
super35
• •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

I started using Photoshop with version 3 around 1995. I am now in the process of changing my entire mindset from "just use everything Adobe" to "use anything but Adobe."

I don't see any future for me in continuing down this road with Adobe to a lifetime of rental software. I was always one of those people who only upgraded when I really needed to and I skipped over many versions. For now I have the CS6 suite that will carry me for a few more years but I WILL be changing to alternative programs. I will switch even if it means changing OS platforms. There are plenty of raw processors and video editors out there now and I am positive this move by Adobe will bring us even greater choice in the future.

May 09, 2013 at 08:18 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

DanBrown wrote:
Ford has already taken that approach.

Henry Ford wrote in his autobiography My Life and Work (1922):

Until then, the car was available in several colors. Ford chose black simply because it was the fastest drying color.
http://www.ealmanac.com/603/colors/as-long-as-it-is-black/

May 09, 2013 at 08:48 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

I have cs6 and a new camera, but when Canon releases that 40+mp camera and I upgrade, I will need a new ACR version. I won't use Lightroom because I hate data base style programs and the terrible file handling system. Reminds me of car doors that lock by themselves/ But I use layers on all my images.

I hope Adobe changes their mind or somebody makes a close imitation.

May 09, 2013 at 09:01 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Hi Ben: Take a look at DXO and C1. They have come a long ways. The IQ is every bit as good as PS, They just don't have all the other modifiers quite as far along, and the learning curve is different.
Regards
Paul

May 09, 2013 at 09:42 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

EB-1 wrote:

EBH

It dose but will work perfectly fine if it can't.

May 09, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Doug, that's good to know....

Hopefully those of us without a disc won't have to reinstall for whatever reason after CC comes out.

Definitely cloudy days....

May 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM
volyrat
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

re: auto-update.

I thought that switch only made it so you had to manually apply a new version, not that it didn't check to see if there is a new update available.

I'm not a techie, so my understanding could easily be wrong.

pipspeak wrote:
not sure why, but virtually all CS6 programs request internet access upon starting (according to my firewall). I have auto-update switched off so checking activation is another potential reason for these requests.

May 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Jim Sanderson
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

NEWS FLASH......I have just received OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION from C. Little. The Sky IS Falling......run for your lives......

May 10, 2013 at 02:27 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Paul Gardner wrote:
Hi Ben: Take a look at DXO and C1. They have come a long ways. The IQ is every bit as good as PS, They just don't have all the other modifiers quite as far along, and the learning curve is different.
Regards
Paul

If they would simple sell us ACR updates I could stay with CS6 for a long time. I suppose I could hire an accountant to use Lightroom for raw conversion first then process in CS6..

May 10, 2013 at 02:45 PM
Sam tran
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Let say if I could avoid PS Cloud for 5-6 years (equivalent to skipping an upgrade or two - save between $700 - $1,400) - plus after 6 yrs for Adobe to fix all of the Cloud's bugs, consider $20/mo is cheap. All still depended on Adobe still alive and kicking...or perhaps, I already retired and to hell with it

May 10, 2013 at 07:12 PM
mike reid
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Currently running licensed versions of LR4.4 and CS6 will hold me for quite a while.

I get it that adobe wants to recover more revenue from the 80% or more under 30 crowd who run cracked versions.

May 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Lotuselite
• •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Unless something develops down the road CS6 will be my last version. I expect I will stay with LR as long as they don't implement something similar with it. Otherwise I have Aperture with the Nik plugin set that could do most of what I need other than editing at the pixel level.

May 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

ben egbert wrote:
If they would simple sell us ACR updates I could stay with CS6 for a long time. I suppose I could hire an accountant to use Lightroom for raw conversion first then process in CS6..

Apprently they will keep updating the CURRENT version of ACR to handle new cameras and continue to do so (but they could certainly change their mind at any time). So won't get any new RAW controls or processes or anything but shoudl be able to use the current ones even with new cameras for a long (??) while still.

But yeah no ACR feature updates any more at all. Even LR they say the LR CC will start to get more features (whatever that means, sound like it means LR5 is the last one that will get new features and it is same story as with PS CS6?).

May 11, 2013 at 02:40 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Jim Sanderson wrote:
NEWS FLASH......I have just received OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION from C. Little. The Sky IS Falling......run for your lives......

My faith is restored!! I always knew I could trust the little guy!

May 11, 2013 at 02:40 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.