Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

3              5       6       end

Archive 2013 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Alan321 wrote:
Piracy losses are not real in my opinion. They're generally quoted as if every pirate would have purchased a legitimate copy if they were not pirating a copy, but that is simply unrealistic. Very often if they could not pirate a copy then they would simply go without.

True. I mean sometimes it has been very bad like in Europe for the Amiga the game piracy got out of control but in the U.S. sometimes game piracy actually improved sales since many kids were wary of getting computers since they wouldn't have enough money for a decent amount of games but when they were told they'd get access to tons they lots of bought into systems and started buying games (many went by teh system where they'd buy what they could and then just add and the free additions had little to no impact for all but a very few and all the extra sales from some many more excited and buying into hardware way more than made up for any losses so instead of counting thousand, hundreds of thousands of lost sales, hardly any of which would've ever actually been sales and not counting the expanded customer base gave for some off-bse figures.) And i mean if someone had 3,000 games and 50,000 mp3s and 3000 dvds or something, come on, how can you count all those as lost sales even for the person who never bought anything, no way they'd have prchased but a fraction of that.

But in some cases it was devastating the Euro market for Amiga games became totally out of control with piracy and people there were not buying anything at all, not following the code, and they way overdid it and sunk the whole thing.

May 08, 2013 at 05:11 AM
shamus1

p.2 #2 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Had joined as I have the Production Premium Suite for two versions, but needed a couple of apps not included ant the $30 /month was acceptable. I am very unhappy with this as Adobe can increase the monthly fee anytime, plus I have been a loyal customer for many years and frankly have invested a lot in their software upgrades. I will remain a customer for now, but once they do this, they have lost my loyalty forever...

May 08, 2013 at 05:15 AM
15Bit
• • • •
p.2 #3 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

pipspeak wrote:
I don't.

Nor me. Judging by the ease with which Photoshop and LR can be cracked, they haven't really tried very hard to stop it. They also realise i think that the majority of people who use illegal copies were never going to pay them $600 anyway, so they haven't actually lost much money.

May 08, 2013 at 07:01 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.2 #4 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

15Bit wrote:
Nor me. Judging by the ease with which Photoshop and LR can be cracked, they haven't really tried very hard to stop it. They also realise i think that the majority of people who use illegal copies were never going to pay them $600 anyway, so they haven't actually lost much money.

I wonder if Adobe can stop pirating to be honest.....there are some very smart people out there that see hacking software as an intellectual challenge...and they have the intellect to be very good at it.

It seems logical that once Adobe releases a subscription only update someone will quickly find a way to ensure the subscription element is bypassed and the programme will function much as before.

I also think a lot depends on what happens to LR5. I am wondering how a LR5 / Elements arrangement will work. I am thinking of downloading the LR beta and the trial Elements and experimenting.

May 08, 2013 at 09:03 AM
rickde

p.2 #5 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Just FYI there is a special deal now to purchase and own Lightroom 4 outright for $119 from Adobe until May 11th. That's $30 off the regular price of $149. You just need to type in the code: SPRING30 to get the discount when you checkout.

Here is the link: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

The upgrade price from an older version of LR is $79.

May 08, 2013 at 01:44 PM
jamesf99
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

I'm a 14-year+ (serious) user of most Adobe products (PS, IL, ID, DW, Acrobat, etc.). Have purchased multiple copies of suites, LR, upgraded more times than I can remember, and in short spent many thousands of dollars with them.

Adobe actually threatened to do this when CS6 was released so it's nothing new and I've had some time to "adjust" knowing it was coming. It doesn't change things; I'm all done.

Bye bye Adobe.

Just my opinion - LR's $300 price was a joke. Selling it for $149 is still too expensive and it should have a $99 full list retail price. I've had every version (multiple installs) from the beta through 4.x., and my last full copy of 4.0 was $75. which is about right IMO.

Edited on May 08, 2013 at 04:54 PM · View previous versions

May 08, 2013 at 04:48 PM
Dave_EP
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Out of 144 votes, only 6 have actually signed up, 2 are thinking about it as a good idea, 12 are still thinking about it but don't like the idea and 124 are saying they will not sign up.

That's a pretty clear message don't you think?

May 08, 2013 at 04:53 PM
pipspeak
• • • •
p.2 #8 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

anthonygh wrote:
I wonder if Adobe can stop pirating to be honest.....there are some very smart people out there that see hacking software as an intellectual challenge...and they have the intellect to be very good at it.

Nah, I think Adobe has admitted this new CC model is not about piracy and it sounds like the main motivation is to generate a steady long-term revenue stream that's less affected by product release schedules and marketing spend. In other words, make Adobe executives' jobs less stressful and ensure predictable bonuses

Adobe's software already phones home every time you use it (if you have a firewall you can see how many times something like photoshop requests internet access) and that's one element that hackers easily solved so I've no doubt gagging the new CC versions will be just as easy.

May 08, 2013 at 07:30 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Dave_EP wrote:
Out of 144 votes, only 6 have actually signed up, 2 are thinking about it as a good idea, 12 are still thinking about it but don't like the idea and 124 are saying they will not sign up.

That's a pretty clear message don't you think?

And a whopping 5.1% think it might work for them over at the DPR poll:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/05/08/Adobe-CC-Creative-Cloud-Complaints-Poll-of-Photographers-Photoshop-users

So, as Adobe said in their press release, we were doing this for our customers because they overwhelmingly preferred our new CC model.

May 08, 2013 at 07:33 PM
pipspeak
• • • •
p.2 #10 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

skibum5 wrote:
So, as Adobe said in their press release, we were doing this for our customers because they overwhelmingly preferred our new CC model.

In other words "we're doing this for all our customers because current CC subscribers overwhelmingly preferred our new CC model"

Next week Ford will start selling cars only in red, because buyers of red cars overwhelmingly preferred red.

May 08, 2013 at 07:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

huddy
• • •
p.2 #11 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

I have signed up for PS6 only for a year because I had need of it but didn't currently have the cash to shell out for a boxed copy of CS6. I'm counting the days until GIMP gets 16 bit editing support and then I am kissing Adobe goodbye.

May 08, 2013 at 08:05 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.2 #12 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

pipspeak wrote:
Next week Ford will start selling cars only in red, because buyers of red cars overwhelmingly preferred red.

That works out quite well for Ferrari you know....

May 08, 2013 at 08:17 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.2 #13 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

pipspeak wrote:

Ford has already taken that approach.

Henry Ford wrote in his autobiography My Life and Work (1922):

Therefore in 1909 I announced one morning, without any previous warning,
that in the future we were going to build only one model, that the model
was going to be "Model T," and that the chassis would be exactly the
same for all cars, and I remarked:

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as
it is black."

May 08, 2013 at 09:46 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.2 #14 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

I have three.

Plain to do a trial of CC in a year or so to see if Adobe has address any of the bugs in CS6 that effect me.

Have added appends to Adobe feedback problem forums to the threads documenting bugs which effect me in CS6 that Adobe has yet to address.

Plan to call Adobe support to help me activate CS3 on a working machine for the machines I have activate CS3 on have died. It time to regress to a workings version of Photoshop.

May 09, 2013 at 03:31 AM
peteygas
• •
p.2 #15 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Maybe Adobe can use some of their soon to be new found revenue to move the customer support back to the USA , because now it really sucks .

May 09, 2013 at 03:52 AM
Camperjim
• • •
p.2 #16 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

I have dealt with other Adobe products and always considered them to be a band of greedy bloodsuckers. I have refused to buy CS and have remained with Elements and found workarounds for almost everything that is missing. If Adobe tries also to mess with the Elements pricing, I suspect they will face some strong competitors.

I have a long memory and hope the devil or one of their competitors gets them.

May 09, 2013 at 04:13 AM
Ho1972
• • •
p.2 #17 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Mr Mouse wrote:
Plan to call Adobe support to help me activate CS3 on a working machine for the machines I have activate CS3 on have died. It time to regress to a workings version of Photoshop.

I'll be curious how that plays out since CS3 is now unsupported. I guess you could always use the hosts file hack.

May 09, 2013 at 08:46 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.2 #18 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Adobe CC is a joke and I have zero intention of EVER giving Adobe any more money.

May 09, 2013 at 10:59 AM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.2 #19 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Yes, I will never give Adobe any money again. I already disliked their greedy premium pricing even before this.

Apple Aperture produces better RAW conversions than Photoshop

Just use Aperture on the Mac or Lightroom on the PC.

At least until Adobe makes you rent Lightroom (next version?).

May 09, 2013 at 01:00 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.2 #20 · What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

Hey guys; Give DXO's 60day free trial a try. Adobe is starting to lag behind.

May 09, 2013 at 05:50 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password