Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

morganb4 wrote:
?

May 08, 2013 at 11:38 AM
morganb4
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

you said you were not allowed to sell them... Im curious as to why?

May 08, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

morganb4 wrote:
you said you were not allowed to sell them... Im curious as to why?

Canon policy, not clear why.

BTW I work for a Canon R&D centre.

May 08, 2013 at 12:28 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

canon gangsta wrote:
The same can be said about the 5D classic, which was released a year after the 1DsII. Canon at that time, did something magical with their sensors. I don't get the same rendering from the 5D3. I want the same film-like quality from the original 5D mixed with the new modern features and ergonomics of the mark III.

+1, i know what you mean after years shooting 5D2 and 1Ds2 side by side...it does make you wonder...

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=OOJkUfa9MePHiwL58oCgAw&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3D1ds2%2Bvs%2B1DX%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1920%26bih%3D926&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-TW&u=http://www.ldsclub.net/forum/viewthread.php%3Ftid%3D47138&usg=ALkJrhgZOaiov5mIoFW3otecTbINClx0HA

repost for easy view...

May 09, 2013 at 03:43 AM
nle57
• • •
p.2 #5 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

I like the files that the 1dsII and the 1dII produces more so than my 1DIII But I hate the batteries. They're very inaccurate, so the fact that I have to lug around 4 spares just in case during an event just bugs me. But if it's a small shoot, i'm all about the 1dsII. I just recently picked up the 1dsIII (because of the battery situation), so I'm hoping the files come out way better than the 1DIII. I can't put my finger on it, I know it's all digital, but the files from the 1DIII just come out.. very 'digital' looking haha, no way to describe it.

May 09, 2013 at 04:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

Holy shit-oly! A whole high rez portfolio? I'll never feel I put up too many examples again!

Nice shots, but they seem mostly over-sharpened, to the point I'm feeling a jagged roughness to the diagonal lines, and noise in the flat tonal areas. Check out the thin lines, vent patterns, and shirt weave. Ouch! But, still, nice shots regardless.

May 09, 2013 at 05:31 AM
Mr645
• • •
p.2 #7 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

I had a 5D II for about 6 weeks. Sold it after one of my 1DsII cameras were back from repair. I liked the slightly better high ISO performance of the 4D but a lot of things were just frustrating and I found myself not using it. I still have the 1DsIi and a 1DII. Love the cameras and I have my eye on a 1DX for next season

May 09, 2013 at 01:59 PM
form
• • • •
p.2 #8 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

I can't figure why people continue to prefer the IQ of the 1ds II over the 5d2. All personal experience of my own showed the 5d2 image quality dynamic range/editing flexibility to be massively superior, and I never really noticed a positive difference in color or "look" between them.

May 09, 2013 at 02:10 PM
campyone
• •
p.2 #9 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

If you like your 1DsII you'd love a III. They're selling for about $2,500 last time I looked and IMHO are a clear "best value" in the Canon lineup right now unless you need one or more of the special features of later cameras such as more fps, higher iso, etc., i.e. the things that sports, wedding, etc. photographer probably need.

The single best thing to me about the 1DsIII vs the 5DII I owned is the focus system. It's spot on every time all the time.

May 09, 2013 at 02:42 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · I like my 1Ds Mark II more than my 5D Mark II

form wrote:
I can't figure why people continue to prefer the IQ of the 1ds II over the 5d2. All personal experience of my own showed the 5d2 image quality dynamic range/editing flexibility to be massively superior, and I never really noticed a positive difference in color or "look" between them.

and this comes from the person that cant stop bleeting on about how bad the 5D2 is

if your going to measurebate evry sensor and try to push 14 stops of under expossure then yeah probably the 1Ds2 (and most other older bodies) cant keep up with the modern stuff .
But shot well the 1Ds2 looks like one of the best looking files this side of the fence .

Personally if a 1Ds2 dropped in my lap I would probably glue my MDP to the mount. great low ISO sensor + 1 of the greatest canon lenses = perfection

May 09, 2013 at 02:48 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password