Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Talladega

Marty Bingham
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Talladega

1. Lots of racing action yesterday at the AAron's 499.

6. A little brotherly love going on in the infield.

10. Thanks for lookin'...

Marty

May 07, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Angry
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Talladega

Nice work Marty...

May 07, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Talladega

Some great shots... Did you have to adjust WB because of the lack of red reflective dust?

May 07, 2013 at 01:18 AM
rsartin
• •
p.1 #4 · Talladega

Well, at least it was a nice warm and dry weekend

Nice images!

May 07, 2013 at 01:49 AM
lhryshko
• • •
p.1 #5 · Talladega

Love these. Great coverage Marty!

May 07, 2013 at 05:22 AM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Talladega

Alan, thanks. These are actually some shots that didn't make the final cut for submission to the wire service for one reason or another. Like, no driver's face in #3, the ubiquitous TV guy in #4 and the seat blocking Jeff's face in #5. Close but nitpickable!

Hey Jefferson. No WB adjustments but I did think I was going to have to bust out the flash!

Thanks Randy! This is the time of year where one can suffer from sunburn and hypothermia at the same time.

Thanks for looking and commenting Larry. I'm glad the race continued after the rain delay. Up til then I had diddly squat for photos...

Thanks again for taking time to comment guys.

Marty

May 07, 2013 at 11:45 AM
rsartin
• •
p.1 #7 · Talladega

I thought I was going to freeze to death during the Nationwide race I'll try to get a few of mine posted some time today, looks like we were standing with 5 feet of each other on a few shots

May 07, 2013 at 06:22 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Talladega

rsartin wrote:
looks like we were standing with 5 feet of each other on a few shots

That means you will probably get a double truck in SI and I got five shots of a fence post

I hope you do post some shots. I'd like to see 'em.

Marty

May 07, 2013 at 07:35 PM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #9 · Talladega

I like #10 - Hey I dropped a quarter did you see the quarter I dropped can you help me find it I think it rolled under here. .

Great series, do you have more action shots you can post?

May 08, 2013 at 01:35 AM
Bryan Crowe
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Talladega

Great set !

May 09, 2013 at 04:02 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rddayton
• • •
p.1 #11 · Talladega

Marty,

Pretty impressive for a guy to be in post-season form even though it's only the first weekend in May. Super sharp stuff as always -- and it is always a treat to see the human side of things in you shooting too. Tossing a football around in number 1 and the little boys in the chair in the infield are precious reminders that not all the action happens on the race track.

Well played my friend.

Rick

May 09, 2013 at 10:17 AM
rdalrt
• •
p.1 #12 · Talladega

Nice set. Would love to shoot a Cup event some day. Till then I have to settle for our local stop of the Nascar Canadian Tire Series. Thanks for posting these up.

May 09, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Talladega

Hey John, I don't have any post worthy action. As usual I was on the opposite end of the world for both wrecks.

Thanks Bryan. I didn't have much to choose from. The pits were so packed there weren't any empty pit stalls to shoot from until a few cars dropped out. By then it was about too late.

Howdy Rick. Yeah, those humans are EVERYWHERE...there is a photo essay waiting to happen in the NASCAR infields.

Brent, the Nascar Canadian Tire Series looks pretty cool. Be sure to post some shots if you shoot them someday.

Marty

May 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #14 · Talladega

Cool. Overall, I like what you did. I've seen a few people post with an automobile theme and as Rick put it, also capture the human side of the event. That is something I'm working on expanding my photos to include.

May 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Talladega

jspytek wrote:
That is something I'm working on expanding my photos to include.

There's a bunch of that here. http://www.binghamfreelance.com/NorthGeorgiaSpeedway2013

There's a lot more latitude to shoot what you want when you're shooting for yourself. Plus the markets are different. I probably couldn't give away the photo of the two boys in the chair in the NASCAR market but it would most likely sell in a local market. So...I shoot a lot more candid/behind the scenes stuff on my dime and more stock/movable images for assignments.

I prefer the former.

Thanks,
Marty

May 10, 2013 at 02:54 PM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #16 · Talladega

Wow!

The very first picture I saw was awesome.

http://www.binghamfreelance.com/NorthGeorgiaSpeedway2013/2232013-PitFans/28149140_CDhXdD#!i=2379273380&k=zVspwX8

Good stuff, you have a great eye for capturing a moment.

May 10, 2013 at 03:22 PM
Tom D
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Talladega

Good stuff, Marty! Makes you wish you were there...

May 10, 2013 at 05:04 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Talladega

Marty...sweet series here tells it all. I like how you managed to get the Talladega from the wall in #7 with all of the cars stacked in there and also the slogan of "Dreams Come True" in the winners circle for #3 and #4. And then getting a little football mixed into t all. Colors pop and you mix it up very nice.

Nice work.

May 12, 2013 at 03:42 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Talladega

Thanks Tom. I was starting to wish I was somewhere else after the extra long rain delay. I got home around midnight!

Hey Frank, it is hard to get the relevant parts of the background in the winner's circle without getting some really crappy foregrounds. That runs contrary to the traditional "Watch your backgrounds" mantra we usually hear here...

Thanks for checking in guys,
Marty

May 13, 2013 at 07:50 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password