Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2013 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

They just cancelled the CS product line! From now on it's all subscription only.

The latest in a long line of blunders and scre# the customer. I already deeply disliked the company, but not they have totally gone too far.

May 06, 2013 at 04:44 PM
tomrock
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

I don't know that it's as bad as it sounds. Customers will get more updates rather than a large update every 18 months. It's just a different model.

May 06, 2013 at 05:24 PM
PhilDrinkwater
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

Keep both business models going and the customer has choice.

Ditch one option and you lose customers. They've lost me.

May 06, 2013 at 05:28 PM
tfoltz
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

Bad mistake, greed will cost them in the long run.

May 06, 2013 at 06:32 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

tomrock wrote:
I don't know that it's as bad as it sounds. Customers will get more updates rather than a large update every 18 months. It's just a different model.

It's a different model that essentially doubles the cost to stay current for owners of a single application....and you can never stop paying if you want to keep using that upgrade. So instead of paying $200 every 18 months for the latest version, I now get to pay $360 to stay current, and if I ever stop paying that $20 a month, it goes away completely.

Wow....sounds like a great deal.

The Creative Cloud makes sense for those who use the whole Creative Suite, and potentially for new users, where it'll take a few years to equalize what they'd have spent on the full version initially. But for someone like me, who had the full version of PS 6, then upgraded to 7, CS2, CS5 and CS6, this is a giant middle finger. CS6 is my last Photoshop until they rescind this or massively lower the monthly price. The price should be LOWER than the upgrade cost for existing owners over the same period, since we don't get to keep the upgrade if we cancel the subscription...not more.

May 06, 2013 at 06:45 PM
matt4626
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

I'm sure the Adobe fan boys will be all hot for this...but I'm reminded of the old saying "you can't polish a turd".

May 06, 2013 at 06:47 PM
KFG1
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

PhilDrinkwater wrote:
Keep both business models going and the customer has choice.

Ditch one option and you lose customers. They've lost me.

+ 1

May 06, 2013 at 07:26 PM
Robert Snow
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

+2

May they rot in hell...

May 06, 2013 at 09:14 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

That's why I picked up CS6 when I did ... I figured it would be the last chance to own PS.

Tool wise, CS6 is fine for my needs, but support for future camera models could be an issue somewhere down the road. I expect I may have to keep up to date with LR ... but I see little reason to go subscription for PS any time soon.

May 06, 2013 at 09:15 PM
hugowolf
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

RustyBug wrote:
That's why I picked up CS6 when I did ... I figured it would be the last chance to own PS.

Tool wise, CS6 is fine for my needs, but support for future camera models could be an issue somewhere down the road. I expect I may have to keep up to date with LR ... but I see little reason to go subscription for PS any time soon.

And support on future OSs for CS6 may be a problem too. With new camera models it is back too Lr creating TIFFs to open in PS CS6, unless they decide to CC Lr too, then it is back to Canon DPP or Nikon NX for conversion.

Brian A

May 06, 2013 at 09:41 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

Every capitalist and his cousin desire to join the so-called rentier class as soon as possible. Since Adobe has near monopoly on digital image/art/publishing software business, it has to become a member of that rentier class sooner or later. Should US DOJ take a good look at Adobe?

May 06, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

Jman13 wrote:
It's a different model that essentially doubles the cost to stay current for owners of a single application....and you can never stop paying if you want to keep using that upgrade. So instead of paying $200 every 18 months for the latest version, I now get to pay $360 to stay current, and if I ever stop paying that $20 a month, it goes away completely.

Wow....sounds like a great deal.

The Creative Cloud makes sense for those who use the whole Creative Suite, and potentially for new users, where it'll take a few years to equalize what they'd have
...Show more

+10.

May 07, 2013 at 07:44 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

This is total BS. I was saving up to get CS7 but I don't want any cloud service- I am not a professional who will probably find use for it every month often enough to justify the subscription costs.

May 07, 2013 at 07:52 AM
TheBearman
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

A business may find this a good idea if they manage several licenses for their users. For those of us that are single end users the price is just to high. I to picked up a CS6 version which I'll use for as long as I can, but I expect at some point I'll need to look for another solution. Who knows, maybe they'll reconsider in a few years and have something for the home/single user market.

May 07, 2013 at 08:02 AM
hdavid
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

Monthly subscription needs to be justified and supported by monthly use. I am out of this then. Curious to know what the add on software companies think of this. Nik, perfectly clear, dxo, topaz, etc. if they don't have a stand alone option they better scramble.

I switched to the office365 version. Cloud based and I am not impressed. Two laptops have lost their installation and left remote staff hanging. Can't reinstall without an Internet connection. Updates are also ugly to deal with. Now very seriously looking at open office. I.m done with the cloud and will not pursue it further with this venture from adobe.

I for one will send adobe an email or two. I will not simply bitch about it here.

I buy groceries on a monthly basis. Not software. This trend needs to stop. A good way to do that is with no customers.

May 07, 2013 at 08:12 AM
rater

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

hdavid wrote:
I buy groceries on a monthly basis. Not software. This trend needs to stop. A good way to do that is with no customers.

+1

May 07, 2013 at 09:08 AM
PhilDrinkwater
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

tomrock wrote:

Do the maths. The price went up a lot too, especially if you didn't update every time.

So.. Yes it's really bad.

May 07, 2013 at 09:35 AM
Nockeln

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

DOJ should definitely look into this as it's a blatant miss use of power to force customers into a solution they don't wan't.
Not to mention crapping all over those who have supported PS to become what it is today. Not everyone makes money of Photoshop.

May 07, 2013 at 11:25 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

Another issue is that what if a few cloud upgrades in it requires say Windows 9 and you still think W9 stinks and want to stay on W7 until they fix things in W10, well then you need to buy W9 anyway and use it on some side partition and need to boot into that for any Adobe work.

May 07, 2013 at 12:31 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Wow, gotta be kidding! GOODBYE Adobe!!!

hdavid wrote:
Monthly subscription needs to be justified and supported by monthly use. I am out of this then. Curious to know what the add on software companies think of this. Nik, perfectly clear, dxo, topaz, etc. if they don't have a stand alone option they better scramble.

I switched to the office365 version. Cloud based and I am not impressed. Two laptops have lost their installation and left remote staff hanging. Can't reinstall without an Internet connection. Updates are also ugly to deal with. Now very seriously looking at open office. I.m done with the cloud and will not pursue it
...Show more

Yeah I've been using OO for a long time now.

May 07, 2013 at 12:32 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.