Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              28      
       end

Archive 2013 · Adobe kills standalone software

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.29 #1 · Adobe kills standalone software

Bonn, I think you're probably right. My last version will likely be CS6. As long as ACR keeps getting RAW conversion updates for new cameras, I'll be OK. If that 'breaks', then I'll use something else for RAW conversion. I'm already looking at Photo Ninja for my X-Pro 1 and future Fujifilm cameras.

Oct 04, 2013 at 09:33 PM
JohnJ
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.29 #2 · Adobe kills standalone software

h00ligan wrote:
...If, and it's unlikely, cc manages to quell privacy...

I assume you meant piracy but...

h00ligan wrote:
...If, and it's unlikely, cc manages to quell privacy, all you'll see is gimp take off, pixel actor we'll even better, and in cases like mine, I bought perfect photo suite which does most of what I needed to do in photoshop, by giving me layers, masking tools, etc. ...

I really do hope development for similar products picks up as I don't intend to give Adobe any of my money in the future, not for a cloud based alternative anyway. I paid good money for Photoshop in the past and I'll keep using that as long as I can, then I'll try the options such as those you've listed, but I won't 'cloud'.

I'm not a big Photoshop user anyway, been happily using CS2 since it came out! All I need is layers for compositing images, the rest I can do with other programs. I hardly ever use Photoshop since the later versions of Capture One as everything I do is raw.

Oct 04, 2013 at 09:37 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.29 #3 · Adobe kills standalone software

JohnJ wrote:

ha ha...Adobe is succeeding marvelously at quelling PRIVACY! Just give them your personal info and you can be assured it will be shared with everyone eventually

Oct 04, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Kim Kaiser
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.29 #4 · Adobe kills standalone software

don't you have to log into adobe to get your update or what ever,, did yo not see they were hacked.. imo, this hacking into major corporations, banks, etc, should make buyers beware, considering the spying and such going on. Do you really want to keep your credit info and stuff tied up with them.,,

Oct 05, 2013 at 12:20 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.29 #5 · Adobe kills standalone software

JohnJ wrote:

I really do hope development for similar products picks up as I don't intend to give Adobe any of my money in the future, not for a cloud based alternative anyway. I paid good money for Photoshop in the past and I'll keep using that as long as I can, then I'll try the options such as those you've listed, but I won't 'cloud'.

I'm not a big Photoshop user anyway, been happily using CS2 since it came out! All I need is layers for compositing images, the rest I can do with other programs. I
...Show more

Lol, I meant piracy and itypod, it's like apple knew both applied.

Anyway, I find perfect photo suite with Lightroom covers everything I did in ps anyway, they run switcher campaigns, where no serial for a competing product is required, just saying.

I do hope competition gets better and better. Gimp is gimp, it's functional and ugly-/ awkward. Pixelmator is better matched to the photoshop home version (I forget the designation) but does have more advanced features than that. However I think it will take a person or two for it really become true competitor

Oct 07, 2013 at 02:10 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password