Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

Theographics
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

Went to Cape Cod for Labor Day and stayed in Provincetown, Mass. The scenery there was ridiculous - it was hard to sort through all the photos and pick my favorites!

Edited on May 06, 2013 at 08:10 PM · View previous versions

May 06, 2013 at 07:51 PM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

Got some nice shots there, but way too many for the forum. Usual limit is 4 per post, much more than that (like here), they become overwhelming and don't elicit much in the way of response.

Jo

May 06, 2013 at 08:00 PM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

Based purely on the number of photos you have posted, I would assume that you shoot mostly weddings. It seems commonplace for wedding photographers to post tens or even hundreds of photos per post. On the landscape board, you'll find that the emphasis is typically on 1 photo, perhaps 4 at most. It's difficult to comment on a photographer's work when so many photos are posted. I would suggest choosing your 4 favorite images, and posting those, otherwise you will likely end up with a lot of looks but few comments.

May 06, 2013 at 08:01 PM
Theographics
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

Pruned 'em down a bit.

May 06, 2013 at 08:05 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

#3 is cool!

May 07, 2013 at 07:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

#2 could have been stunning if you had widened the depth of field. As is, with the foreground AND background blurry, and only the mid-ground rocks in focus, it's just well, blurry. All of them have the "horizon" dead center, which makes them very static and rather commonplace. Observing the rule of thirds would help to make them more exciting. Right now, they all look like just snapshots taken on the spur of the moment. Landscape photography is very much about planning a shot.

That said, many of them have potential, I particularly like the subject matter of #1 with the water, canoes and sunset, but the little hut is a bit distracting.

Good luck, and keep on shooting!

Jo

May 07, 2013 at 04:08 PM
tdn626

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

2 is my favorite, the dof is awesome. Reminds me of summers I spent on the Cape as a younger child.

May 07, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Nori
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

The first one is a wall hanger, very nice serene scene and nice dynamic range. Well captured

May 08, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Theographics
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Cape Cod / Provincetown, Massachusetts

Jo Dilbeck wrote:
#2 could have been stunning if you had widened the depth of field. As is, with the foreground AND background blurry, and only the mid-ground rocks in focus, it's just well, blurry. All of them have the "horizon" dead center, which makes them very static and rather commonplace. Observing the rule of thirds would help to make them more exciting. Right now, they all look like just snapshots taken on the spur of the moment. Landscape photography is very much about planning a shot.

That said, many of them have potential, I particularly like the subject matter of #1 with
...Show more

Thanks for your CC!

tdn626 wrote:
2 is my favorite, the dof is awesome. Reminds me of summers I spent on the Cape as a younger child.

Nori wrote:
The first one is a wall hanger, very nice serene scene and nice dynamic range. Well captured

I appreciate it, guys.

May 11, 2013 at 03:19 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password