Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              12      
       end

Archive 2013 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Dave_EP
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #1 · p.13 #1 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Corel is a mainly windows centric company so they'll miss out on the mac market for sure.

May 17, 2013 at 08:14 AM
Deardorff5x7

p.13 #2 · p.13 #2 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Our work computer does not hook up to the Internet at all. Security reasons with some of our clients.

Will be looking at alternatives to Photoshop if we need upgrading in the future.

Add in our home computer is on a slow connection with no alternative to it. Makes it untenable for us.

May 20, 2013 at 08:46 AM
campyone
• •
p.13 #3 · p.13 #3 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

msoomro wrote:
As i understand from the messaging, one can still buy CS6 as a stand alone product in a boxed version. The cloud offering is only for the suite. is this correct?

Sure, you can pay about $650 and buy Photoshop CS6 as a stand-alone product in a boxed version. B&H among others has them in stock (or did a few days ago). It's the $199 upgrade from an earlier version of Photoshop that is something of a problem. It can only be purchased from Adobe and isn't available in a disc, only by download (I've seen one person say he or she got a disc but when I tried to get one I was told by Adobe that downloads were the only way to get the upgrade).

You can subscribe to Photoshop CS6 via the Cloud, the Cloud isn't only for the suite.

I should add that Adobe has been changing things around so fast since the initial announcement that it's hard to get a good handle on exactly what's available at what price. The above is my understanding, if it's wrong someone can correct me.

May 20, 2013 at 09:07 AM
B Benson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #4 · p.13 #4 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Just purchased a 1DX and realized that CS5 will not read the files. Is there a way to have CS5 read the 1DX raw files?. Thanks Bruce

May 24, 2013 at 03:48 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.13 #5 · p.13 #5 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

B Benson wrote:
Just purchased a 1DX and realized that CS5 will not read the files. Is there a way to have CS5 read the 1DX raw files?. Thanks Bruce

I think you are lucky. If you update the Adobe Camera Raw module to v6.7, it should support the 1DX natively.

When a camera is no longer supported natively with ACR, your alternatives are to convert images to DNG, use another software for raw development (Canon's DPP, for example), or upgrade your version of Photoshop.

May 24, 2013 at 04:23 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.