Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

3              12       13       end

Archive 2013 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Photonic wrote:
Great companies try to respond to and/or anticipate customers needs. Adobe, with this move, has decided to ignore this most basic of business tenets. This is a financially motivated decision, plain and simple. No customer pull whatsoever. I suspect that larger shops will have no alternative but to sign up for the monthly ransom. I think that the small guys are going to abandon ship in droves, myself included.

At the end of the day we get to vote with our wallets. Hope you will join me in sending Adobe the only message they will understand.

All the comments on the news reports are getting miles of negative comments and people jumping ship.

I already greatly disliked them for their trap you in a suite tactics and various other BS.

May 06, 2013 at 09:50 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

msoomro wrote:
As i understand from the messaging, one can still buy CS6 as a stand alone product in a boxed version. The cloud offering is only for the suite. is this correct?

CS6 IS the suite (Creative SUITE 6)

The whole thing is going cloud only whether you are wanting just one program or a suite of programs.

May 06, 2013 at 09:52 PM
leftcoastlefty
• •
p.2 #3 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

msoomro wrote:
As i understand from the messaging, one can still buy CS6 as a stand alone product in a boxed version. The cloud offering is only for the suite. is this correct?

Short term, I think you are correct. From the announcement:

"Adobe also announced that the company will focus creative software development efforts on its Creative Cloud offering moving forward. While Adobe Creative Suiteģ 6 products will continue to be supported and available for purchase, the company has no plans for future releases of Creative Suite or other CS products. Focusing development on Creative Cloud will not only accelerate the rate at which Adobe can innovate but also broaden the type of innovation the company can offer the creative community."

Like everyone else here, I have no interest in the Creative Cloud (gag) concept.

May 06, 2013 at 09:54 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Dudewithoutape wrote:
A lot of other industries are heading in that direction as well; other software, games, music, even TV shows and movies to an extent, etc.

What a shame too. People always say I got this giant HDTV and it looks no better than my old SD set. Well... stop renting mangled streaming videos and using up everyone's internet bandwith and start renting blu-ray discs. And with clouds stuff they can pull anything at any time. COmpany goes out of business there goes your game. Rights fall into a tangle there goes that movie or tv show for 10 years. You only like the original version or only the special edition? Better hope the one they put out there is version you like. Extras? Commentary? Hah!

Maybe when everyone has 500Mbs connections instead of sustained 1-10Mbs and maybe when bandwidth and storage is so cheap that companies will store every version and extras and all at max quality it will work (other than rights battles and such), but we are long way from taht.

May 06, 2013 at 09:57 PM
nikey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Ho1972 wrote:
Ef 'em. I'm done. LR4 and CS5 will do until I retire.

Only problem is when you upgrade your camera to 1DX mk III or Nikon D6, then you need Adobe Camera raw that will not be compatible with your LR4 or CS5. I have abandoned them long time ago when they told me I don't have upgrade path from CS4 to CS6.

May 06, 2013 at 09:58 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.2 #6 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

nikey wrote:
Only problem is when you upgrade your camera to 1DX mk III or Nikon D6, then you need Adobe Camera raw that will not be compatible with your LR4 or CS5. I have abandoned them long time ago when they told me I don't have upgrade path from CS4 to CS6.

Not for those who use DPP and the edit in photoshop function.

May 06, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Ho1972
• • •
p.2 #7 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

nikey wrote:

I've been using Photo Ninja almost exclusively for my raw conversions. There are numerous other options as well, and I expect to see those other options multiply and flourish.

This is nothing more than a way to generate a predictably steady revenue stream. I hope sincerely that it backfires and causes them untold grief.

May 06, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Capture One just starting grinning from ear to ear.

May 06, 2013 at 10:22 PM
PhilDrinkwater
• • •
p.2 #9 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

"Doing an adobe" - the act of changing your business model and causing commercial suicide

May 06, 2013 at 10:49 PM
msoomro
• • •
p.2 #10 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

I will watch for Capture One emails. I hope they are enough business savy to offer deeeep discount right now to capitalize on the negative adobe sentiments.

May 06, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sqdstf
• •
p.2 #11 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Dear Phase one Capture One ,

Please step in,
and kickass! big_smile

Adobe ..... the Monsanto of multimedia and creative software. "FINGER"

May 06, 2013 at 11:12 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.2 #12 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Vote with your wallet.....companies understand that particular message more than rants on sites like this....

May 06, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Photoshop FAQ is here: http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2013/05/answering-your-questions-about-photoshop-cc.html

Adobe has confirmed that the new CC suite will only be subscription-based. There is still some confusion, however, on how this will affect photographers who are only interested in the Photoshop CC app and not the entire cloud-based suite of software products. In a blog post, Jeffrey Tranberry, Adobe's Chief Customer Advocate for Digital Imaging products, notes that Photoshop CC will be offered as a single-app membership for an introductory price of $9.99 per month, based on an annual membership. This price, however, is only being offered to those "loyal" customers who already own Adobe CS3, CS4, CS5, or CS6. A "regular" single-app membership for any of the programs in the Creative Cloud suite is $19.99 per month, according to Adobe's membership plans page. A full Creative Cloud membership for an individual is US$49.99 per month, based on an annual membership. Those Adobe customers who already own CS3 to CS5.5 can get their first year of Creative Cloud at a discounted rate of US$29.99 per month. Students and teachers can purchase Creative Cloud for $29.99 per month. Promotional pricing will also available for some customers, including CS6 users. A team version of Creative Cloud, which adds 100GB of storage, is priced at US $69.99 per month per seat.

Edited on May 06, 2013 at 11:30 PM · View previous versions

May 06, 2013 at 11:20 PM
DocsPics
• • • •
p.2 #14 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

The "Cloud" makes cyber-warfare an even juicer target for creeps looking to do us harm. However, "Cloud" is not an alternative for folks like me who live where there is no high speed net. One more reason to get off the grid. What a minute, I'm not even sure there is a grid way out here. Oh well, I still got my slide rule from college...I'm safe

May 06, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Thomas says:
Hi,
I have Photoshop CS6 (box version) and as a photographer thats usually all I need. However, sometimes it might be usefull to have other Adobe applications (some I own from CS3).
As far as I understand the information provided, Iíve to options (yearly subscription):
a) Creative Cloud single-app membership for Photoshop CC (PS + Bridge only)
$9,99/month (frist year), $24,59/month (second year and following)
correct ?
Or is it $9,99/month for following years, too ?
b) Upgrade to Comple subscription with 40% discount (all Adpve products)
$36,89/month (first year), $61,49/month (second year and following)
correct ?
Or is it $36,89/month for following years, too ?
You mentioned that Photoshop CC will be available in June.
Until when do I have to subscribe to the Creative Cloud to get the above mentioned offers? (meaning is there a deadline)
Thanks.
May 06, 2013 1:02 PM | Reply
Jeffrey Tranberry says:
Thatís correct. The promo prices are for the first year only.
The offer expires July 31st, 2013.

May 06, 2013 at 11:35 PM
KFG1
• • • •
p.2 #16 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Until Adobe comes back to their senses CS6 will be my last Adobe product plain and simple. Hopefully this will fail and CS7 will appear in the future or another company will come in and make an amazing alternative and we'll forget about Adobe all together, time will tell.

May 07, 2013 at 12:24 AM
John Caldwell
• • •
p.2 #17 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Under this paradigm, will you need to have an internet connection at the time an app in launched, meaning to use the app?

May 07, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.2 #18 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

I kind of had a feeling that this was coming. A week or so ago, Adobe had an online survey and it had a question about how much you like the Creative Cloud. The 3 possible answers were (paraphrased from memory):
A. It's great.
B. I like it.
C. I probably will like it once I understand it.

May 07, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Lovesong
• • •
p.2 #19 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

Really a sad day all together. The fact is that Adobe will make money on this, and lots of it, based on the fact that larger organizations, such as universities, will end up forking over the money. For the single user, it's a total sham. Even for those of us who upgrade at every cycle, the reality is that when you stop your subscription, your .psd and .ai files will no longer be able to be opened correctly.

May 07, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.2 #20 · Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only!

John Caldwell wrote:
Under this paradigm, will you need to have an internet connection at the time an app in launched, meaning to use the app?

You do not always need to be connected. Adobe says that you will need to connect at least once a month to refresh your service membership for the month-to-month plan and at least once every 3 months if you make a one-year pre-payment for the service.

May 07, 2013 at 12:34 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password