Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Beautiful summer time baby

ct8282
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Beautiful summer time baby

We've finally stumbled across some decent weather in the south of the UK so without hesitation we head off to a fairly nearby park to try and get some summery pics of our beautiful daughter.

As always though once we had got there and found a nice place to shoot I had very restricted time so didn't come back with any where near as many good shots as I was hoping for so was a little disappointed but I was very please with this one nonetheless.

Alicia (4) by ct8282, on Flickr

May 06, 2013 at 06:33 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Beautiful summer time baby

Hey Chris. Good to see you out and taking pics! What time of day was this? Not sure why you didn't just use natural light on this. I can't tell if that's a flash or a silver reflector, but it feels off to me. I'm not even sure how to explain what feels wrong about the lighting other than it just does. It just doesn't feel natural at all. I hope this helps in some small way, and I look forward to seeing more outdoor shots from you.

Ron

May 06, 2013 at 08:44 PM
benee
• • •
p.1 #3 · Beautiful summer time baby

I think its a cute shot. I agree with Ron that the lighting feels a little harsh. I'm guessing you used a reflector, but it feels a little too hot. Nothing offensive, but like Ron said, a little unnatural. Doesn't have quite the softness I'd want in a shot like this.

May 06, 2013 at 08:53 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Beautiful summer time baby

Thanks guys. It was indeed a silver reflector, held by my not so able partner who couldn't quite get the gist of 'feathering' the light as opposed to shining it directly onto the subject, however I really like how the light has turned out. I agree it is maybe a little too hot but I don't mind it at all.
I was intentionally trying to get some very directional light to produce contrast across her face and this is what I have achieved. Perhaps another white reflector to our left just to kick some light back into that side and bring the plants behind her back up a little, however the location was below a tree which was causing streaks of light onto our subject area, hence the dark and light areas so I feel the lighting is appropriate.

May 07, 2013 at 08:03 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Beautiful summer time baby

Any additional views, comments, suggestions on this one peeps?

May 08, 2013 at 07:36 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password