Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Online pro print lab?

booju
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Online pro print lab?

I'm interested in getting your recommendations for a good online print lab...consistent quality LARGE prints and good customer service especially... Thank you!

AdoramaPix?

BayPhoto?

May 06, 2013 at 02:41 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Online pro print lab?

I like and use both WHCC and Millers. I have used Bay in the past with good results. You need to try some to see if they are a good fit.

May 06, 2013 at 04:04 PM
booju
• • •
p.1 #3 · Online pro print lab?

Thank you I appreciate your reply

May 06, 2013 at 09:15 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Online pro print lab?

I think Millers and WHCC require you to do a test run to open an account. Verify the color you get back is what you sent so adjustments can be done if required. Basically free samples.

May 06, 2013 at 10:44 PM
pjbuehner
• •
p.1 #5 · Online pro print lab?

I have been very happy with Adoramapix. I haven't ordered larger than 24x36 but everything has looked good from them.

May 06, 2013 at 11:06 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #6 · Online pro print lab?

I'm a big fan of Bay Photo. They've proven themselves to me with fantastic print quality and speedy shipping. This week I had some prints made at both Nations and ProDPI. Nations seemed just a tad on the yellow side. ProDPI looked pretty nice in both color and B&W. I'm not switching from Bay as my primary though.

brad

May 07, 2013 at 01:14 AM
booju
• • •
p.1 #7 · Online pro print lab?

Are you folks using their respective ICC Profiles and having them not color-correct, etc.?

Or just send in after PP done and let them color-correct according to print paper?

Just wondering before I order test prints from Adorama and Bay Photo

And thank you for your replies very helpful indeed!

May 07, 2013 at 03:49 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #8 · Online pro print lab?

booju - I previously didn't have any color correction done but one time I tried it out at Bay and I was really pleased so I continued to do it. Now I just do it - no worries. They practically read my mind. The only time I thought that they didn't totally nail it was in a snowy scene I had printed - I thought it wasn't quite as bright white as it should be.

In the post above the prints I tried out from ProDPI and Nations were both uncorrected. The ProDPI prints I wouldn't hesitate to deliver to a client. The Nations prints I would want to run some more tests.

The best thing for you to do would be to have the same pics printed both corrected and uncorrected.

brad

May 07, 2013 at 01:00 PM
booju
• • •
p.1 #9 · Online pro print lab?

Very much appreciated Brad... I'll give it a shot

May 07, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Corojo
• • •
p.1 #10 · Online pro print lab?

kudos for www.millerslab.com been w/them a long time. Only color issues were 8 yrs ago. when they started up w/press books (probably my fault) - standard print line(Ambassador) has ALWAYS be stellar. Great prices for digital art, mounting (lots of options) and print surface enhancements. Free overnight shipping (FedX) on most all wall art. ED K.

May 08, 2013 at 06:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

John Patrick
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Online pro print lab?

How large is LARGE?

May 09, 2013 at 05:04 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Online pro print lab?

Just did 2 prints at 40x60 with WHCC. I went with a satin coating for protection and mounting. They received at 11:00pm on Monday night, printed and shipped on Tuesday and in my hands Wednesday. Both look great. I always have large prints mounted. Just easier for me and no worries with damage on my end. Just trying to hold and unroll a large print can cause problems.

May 09, 2013 at 03:09 PM
booju
• • •
p.1 #13 · Online pro print lab?

Corojo wrote:
kudos for www.millerslab.com been w/them a long time. Only color issues were 8 yrs ago. when they started up w/press books (probably my fault) - standard print line(Ambassador) has ALWAYS be stellar. Great prices for digital art, mounting (lots of options) and print surface enhancements. Free overnight shipping (FedX) on most all wall art. ED K.

I appreciate your reply...Thank you very much

May 09, 2013 at 03:11 PM
booju
• • •
p.1 #14 · Online pro print lab?

jefferies1 wrote:
Just did 2 prints at 40x60 with WHCC. I went with a satin coating for protection and mounting. They received at 11:00pm on Monday night, printed and shipped on Tuesday and in my hands Wednesday. Both look great. I always have large prints mounted. Just easier for me and no worries with damage on my end. Just trying to hold and unroll a large print can cause problems.

I appreciate your advice... Thank you!!!

May 09, 2013 at 03:13 PM
colinm
• • •
p.1 #15 · Online pro print lab?

WHCC has excellent customer service (stellar, amazing customer service) and does a great job with big prints. If I need to go online for big prints, I use them. I also use them for large quantities of small prints for out-of-state clients since they're set up to drop ship. The one time I had an issue (they accidentally expedited the wrong one of two very similar orders), they apologized up one side and down the other, and had my prints to me Overnight AM Express for free—three days before Christmas.

If the prints are ending up local to you, though, a local lab can cut out a lot of fuss and cost if you're lucky enough to live in an area that still has one.

Edited on May 09, 2013 at 03:34 PM · View previous versions

May 09, 2013 at 03:30 PM
CreativeStudio
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · Online pro print lab?

Millers. If there is an issue with their Ambassador prints they will send you a prepaid call tag to get the defective product back. They will remake a faulty order free of charge on the Ambassador product.

May 09, 2013 at 03:34 PM
Dan Grisez
• •
p.1 #17 · Online pro print lab?

+1 for Adoramapix.

May 10, 2013 at 01:07 PM
npudar

p.1 #18 · Online pro print lab?

I know I'm very late to the party here on this topic, but I feel compelled to share a great service experience I had with Bay Photo. I was going to order a dozen different 20 x 30 thin-wrap prints for a client, but I did not know which of two finishes would be better given where the pictures would be displayed. The folks at Bay Photo sent me a couple of 8 x 12's with the different fishes at no charge so that the client could pick the right finish. That was unexpected, but much appreciated. I also have to say that their packaging is always perfect -- never a damaged photo.
Nick

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:35 AM
elkhornsun
• • •
p.1 #19 · Online pro print lab?

WHCC has the broadest range of print services including printing and mounting. Pretty much 2 day service to anywhere in the USA. Upload the files on Sunday and have the prints by Wednesday. Mounting is importatant as it protects large prints both while in transit to you and also for ease of hanling when having the prints framed.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM
billkoe
• •
p.1 #20 · Online pro print lab?

+1 for WHCC - They do an outstanding job of printing, have excellent customer service and they donate their services to some wonderful organizations. Those are enough reasons for me.

Aug 16, 2013 at 07:00 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password