Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Unable to print with custom Epson 3880 printer profile (s...

mrhoni
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Unable to print with custom Epson 3880 printer profile (same issue in PS CS6)

Lightroom 4.4. Mac OS 10.8.3

I received 2 custom color profiles and put them into /Library/ColorSync/Profiles. From Lightroom Print module, I can bring in these 2 profiles and they can now be choices. I select one of them as the Color Management Profile in the Print Module and then click the Print button.

In the dialog box that comes up with all the print choices, under Printer Setting/Advanced Color Settings, it does not display the custom profile I told Lightroom to use. I also noticed that the profile changed if I changed the Media Type. I don't want media type of glossy to use Epson's profile, I want it to use the profile I selected from within the Lightroom Print Module. I want to be able to create new Presets to use the custom profile.

In the Printer dialog, I also set the Presets to default settings and that does not clear everything like I thought it might.

May 05, 2013 at 09:46 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Unable to print with custom Epson 3880 printer profile (same issue in PS CS6)

You can't do what you want. All non-Epson papers & profiles have to be 'mapped' to some existing Epson media type. You should ask whomever made your custom profiles for the applicable Epson media type you should be selecting.

May 05, 2013 at 09:54 PM
mrhoni
• •
p.1 #3 · Unable to print with custom Epson 3880 printer profile (same issue in PS CS6)

Here are screenshots to show what I was doing.

Even though I selected the custom glossy profile and Glossy media in Lightroom, and then in the Print Settings I choose default for the Preset and select the Premium Photo Paper Glossy, it shows in the Advanced Color Settings it is still using Epson's profile for this paper.

My interpretation of what you are telling me is I need them to create the profile and somewhere in the profiling process the glossy paper profile needs to be assigned Epson's Premium Photo Paper Glossy and for my luster paper profile, it needs to be assigned Epson's Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster.

Please confirm I understood correctly.

Lightroom using custom prfole

Print settings with default with paper selection

Print settings show wrong profile

May 05, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

hugowolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Unable to print with custom Epson 3880 printer profile (same issue in PS CS6)

You have Color Managment off in the driver. It doesn't matter what the 'appropriate' profile is, the driver isnt using it and Lr is using the profile that you selected.

Brian A

May 05, 2013 at 10:32 PM
mrhoni
• •
p.1 #5 · Unable to print with custom Epson 3880 printer profile (same issue in PS CS6)

So you are telling me that even though the Advanced Color Settings shows a different driver than what I selected in Lightroom, Lightroom is still using the custom profile I specified and when the photo prints, it will be printed based upon the custom profile, correct?

May 05, 2013 at 10:36 PM
hugowolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Unable to print with custom Epson 3880 printer profile (same issue in PS CS6)

Color management is off in the driver. It isn't using any profile. Lr is using the profile.

Anyhow, it doesn't say that a profile as been selected, it says which one would be appropriate.

If you were to select a profile in the driver's dialog and one in Lr, you would be double profiling - something to avoid at all costs. It is difficult to this from a Mac, but very easy from Windows.

Brian A

May 05, 2013 at 11:48 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password