FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Val + Del - Engagements at Arbor Hills and downtown Grapevine

Jamesbjenkins
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Val + Del - Engagements at Arbor Hills and downtown Grapevine

Here's a few highlights from this weekend's e-shoot with Valorie and Del.

As always, C&C is appreciated. I'm really pleased with how these turned out. I'm putting a whole lot of thought into the finished product when I press the shutter this year, taking into account how I want to process it before the picture is ever taken. Consistency is what I'm really striving for in the improvement department...

Thanks for looking!

May 05, 2013 at 04:40 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Val + Del - Engagements at Arbor Hills and downtown Grapevine

Very bride focused, which is usually how you want it, but for some reason in this limited set I got the feeling he was being hidden from view almost deliberately. If I were the groom or potential groom I would notice I think.

I usually like to display at least one shot that shows both of them in a good /complete light.

Just my 2 cents.

May 06, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Val + Del - Engagements at Arbor Hills and downtown Grapevine

stevez32 wrote:
Very bride focused, which is usually how you want it, but for some reason in this limited set I got the feeling he was being hidden from view almost deliberately. If I were the groom or potential groom I would notice I think.

I usually like to display at least one shot that shows both of them in a good /complete light.

Just my 2 cents.

Looking back at what I presented here, I can definitely see where you'd think that. Thankfully, there are quite a few in the rest of the set that have a much better view of the groom-to-be.

The selections I made for this post are nothing more than my personal preference on favorites from the session. Del (the groom) definitely married up the ladder, and his bride is a total knockout. I guess my choices for this post betray that fact. lol

May 06, 2013 at 02:42 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Val + Del - Engagements at Arbor Hills and downtown Grapevine

Great set. I'm all for being more careful when pressing the shutter as well - less is more. One tiny thing, and I could be crazy, but #6 -the strip of her salmon coloured shirt is poking out from her mouth, looks like she is licking him. Note that I'm viewing on ipad, so smaller screen, could be making me crazy.

May 06, 2013 at 02:52 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Val + Del - Engagements at Arbor Hills and downtown Grapevine

Boy, that is an unfortunate strip of shirt. It definitely looks like she's licking him. I think I'll be cloning that out.

May 07, 2013 at 10:02 AM
truehuss
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Val + Del - Engagements at Arbor Hills and downtown Grapevine

Yeah I have been known to be more bride focused if the groom cant deliver the right looks. lol . Either way these are nice. My least fav is 6, 8 and 9. 6 because I don't think the separation between sun and shadow is doing anything nor the composition. 8 Because the angle doesn't do it ...for me. and 9 because they're too hot.

The 1st 5 I do like though.

Also that big WWW website logo is kind of ...big. You might want to get a smaller logo.

Just my 2 cents.

May 10, 2013 at 08:17 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.