Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Good Salesmanship ... is it valuable?

zephoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Good Salesmanship ... is it valuable?

I have a Marketing/Management degree and I can say that BY FAR the best courses I took were Personal Selling and Public Speaking. I was a shy computer nerd before and after gained confidence and sales techniques. Oddly enough I am now currently working for my father (non photography based) and in my 3rd year of working for him, exceeded his best week of sales and he's been in business for 35 years.

I am hoping to take the salesman skill set I have and apply it to photography but I need to learn the workings of the photography industry. I really do not know what I should be charging, where I should be looking for clients, or how to approach them. My main passion is automotive photography--be it event coverage, car features, rmotorsport, etc and I'd love to get into that field but I'm not sure where to start.

I thought I would pop in this thread to seek information in that area. Anyone have suggestions/courses I can take that would help me out there?

It's easy to sell products, myself, and my fathers business but he's been around for a while. I on the other hand will be starting from scratch. I believe in the products we sell currently, and I believe in my photography but making the next step into the field is where I'm coming up short.

Any input would be appreciated! I realize it's slightly off topic but perhaps someone can chime in.

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
chris78cpr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Good Salesmanship ... is it valuable?

Your salesmenship directly contributes to the success of turning someone who wants to spend $300 on photography to $3000. You have to show the worth in your products and ultimately in you. Your photos will go so far, but it's you, your personality and your ability to sell an idea/vision and feeling to the person holding the purse strings.

Aug 10, 2013 at 05:15 PM
       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.