Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Those of your who don't do 3rd party batteries

poisonpill
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Those of your who don't do 3rd party batteries

I wouldn't worry about third-party batteries going nuclear and killing everybody in your neighborhood. I'd be more concerned that they just plainly aren't as good.

I've used third-party batteries in my Fuji S5 and after a few years they just have diminished capacity.

Real Nikon batteries will in all likelihood last much longer and serve you well. That's really the bottom line.

May 06, 2013 at 01:29 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Those of your who don't do 3rd party batteries

DontShoot wrote:
AA's are "dumb" batteries - they just provide power and that's it. Therefore, even a crappy one would work fine on the MB-D10 tray and there would be zero risk. The en-el3e/4a/15 on the other hand, have chips/electronics in them that communicate with the camera. There is a bigger chance that the 3rd party ones would create issues with Nikon bodies (as some people have already experienced)

Also on a financial standpoint, you've already spent $3K on the body, what's $30 more to get te authentic Nikon battery?

not exactly. crap AA batts can and do at times crap in your device. generally by the chemistry leaking and corroding the interior of you battery compartment especially your contacts.

May 06, 2013 at 01:42 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Those of your who don't do 3rd party batteries

in the end it is simple. if a Li-ion battery self destructs in your camera and its not the "official" makers chosen pack they can and will simply give you the one option of paying for the repairs. if your BP swells up during a higher discharge and is no longer removable same option. if its theirs you have recourse. if it burns on a charger same. internal shorting of these packs can do some serious damage.

in the past year I have had some issues with Li- ion batteries. believe me it has not been fun. they were are a little bigger and were the "approved" product.

in the end its all fun and savings until something goes wrong.

May 06, 2013 at 01:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

roman.johnston
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Those of your who don't do 3rd party batteries

I have used 3rd party batteries in the past and do not think they would damage my camera. I just have experience poor life span and performance form them.

SO my question to you is....how important is the performance of your camera and knowing you have a quality battery that will last a long time to you.

I personally would be ticked if I was out shooting and as has happened before...the 3rd party battery "gave up the ghost" right in the middle of the shoot.

In light of that...even my D70 batteries from nikon are still chugging today. Zero problems....always dependable.

For me..thats worth the few extra bones so my mind is always at ease.

Roman

May 06, 2013 at 04:44 PM
DontShoot
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Those of your who don't do 3rd party batteries

sjms wrote:
not exactly. crap AA batts can and do at times crap in your device. generally by the chemistry leaking and corroding the interior of you battery compartment especially your contacts.

only if you left them there for 3 years

May 06, 2013 at 07:30 PM
mike-in-ak
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Those of your who don't do 3rd party batteries

I purchase new / used Nikon OEM batteries and will gladly use Sanyo NiMH Eneloops in the tray or any speedlight.

May 06, 2013 at 08:08 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password