New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Rob's Canon Spring

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rob's Canon Spring

I've had a lot going on lately. A lot of the long timer's here know that I have my photography and also a full-time job. The building I work at has recently gone from county run, to private run. My employment remains up in the air. When I first heard about this, I decided that I would pursue some secondary education. I have certificates from vo-tech and things like that, but no "degree." I worried that in the downed job market, I may find it difficult to get a job making what I make now, should I be downsized and that the best way to make myself more marketable is to enter a college.

Managing my photography, work, family, school and sleep has been difficult. I am a full-time student (if you know me, you know I dive head long into things), and it does take a lot of time. The reason I mention this is to explain my pseudo-absence from the forums. I've been spending as much of my free time with my family and shooting photographs.

I want to share some photographs of my son with you guys. In my mind, he is my every season. If it wasn't for my son, I wouldn't worry about this job or college. I wouldn't really give a rat's behind. However, being a father is more than just hanky/panky. It's a responsibility to that child, to be the best man I can be and do the absolute best I can to provide for him.

As with ANY photo I evers hoot and post, I am more than happy to talk tech about any of the settings I used, and I left the exif intact.

Self portrait, please don't judge the crappy composition!

This is my mother and law with my son. Shot this in my garage!

Edited on May 03, 2013 at 09:13 PM · View previous versions

May 03, 2013 at 09:06 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rob's Canon Spring

A few more

May 03, 2013 at 09:09 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rob's Canon Spring

One more for good measure!

May 03, 2013 at 09:09 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rob's Canon Spring

Robert, love the pictures of your son; family! I can't imagine the joys and new found wonder you've experienced since his birth, the experience must be forever life changing.

For two summers I had the humbling privilege of tutoring a good friend's young son, the time was quite enlightening, rewarding and difficult as well. I didn't expect the pressure experienced while trying to explain/teach a 5yr old simple words, associations, concepts, to be strong. He needed a lot of help, on the line was his moving from KG to 1st grade. Eight weeks of continued study and play helped him make the grade. Those eight weeks were great, yet at 56; not entertaining thought of my own family, my responsibilities ended as did tutoring, and this young energetic young lad went home, our house peaceful again...

You are just starting life as a father/family, with all the responsibilities of providing a good life for them, the pressures, uncertainties, and the joys; that can be heard between the lines of your OP. Your photography is fantastic, shows great discipline, mastery of equipment/technique and subject. I'd imagine you put forth that same level of effort in all of life's pursuits. Just sharing your life here on FM; where gear is the most discussed, is a testament to your commitment and is refreshing.

Go forth and enjoy your new, wonderful family, continue shooting with passion and live every moment to it's fullest. As you are, keep busy, worry not, you will continue to succeed and all will work out, that I've no doubt of.

Keep us posted as your young one grows, the images flowing and, all my best to life, your family's future!
Jerry

May 03, 2013 at 09:55 PM
Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rob's Canon Spring

Some great ones in here Rob. Your son looks like a ham, and much fun to photograph. Your mother-in-law seems far too young... Good luck with all you have going on. You have your hands full and should not apologize for being absent on the forum!

May 03, 2013 at 09:58 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.