Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Light Stand Recommendations?

ai3x
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Light Stand Recommendations?

I tried out Jon Molds cheetah stands once and I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. Seemed really wobbly and not something I'd put that much faith in.

Personally I tend to use Calumet own brand stands. They're pretty robust, damn cheap to replace and quite small when collapsed. I've always looked at the manfrotto stands but can't get over how long they are collapsed!

May 03, 2013 at 07:14 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Light Stand Recommendations?

I wouldn't trust the Cheetah stands for anything bigger than a hotshoe flash. I don't care how much weight they're rated for.

Those LumoPro stands look great for air travel. I'm flying to 3 weddings over the next year so I may grab a couple just for those weddings.

May 03, 2013 at 07:38 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Light Stand Recommendations?

+1 on Cheetah Stand. Works like a charm for weddings.

I have two other stands from Manfrotto. I am going to replace one with an additional Cheetah Stand soon.

May 03, 2013 at 10:43 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Light Stand Recommendations?

maxwell1295 wrote

Those LumoPro stands look great for air travel. I'm flying to 3 weddings over the next year so I may grab a couple just for those weddings.

Yeah I took one of the compact stands to Macau and Hong Kong. They barely take up any room along one side of a suitcase and now they come with a shoulder strap too although I usually stick it in the tripod holder of my Kata bag.

brad

May 04, 2013 at 01:29 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.