Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Great spots in Cancun to take some amazing shots?

drunne

[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Great spots in Cancun to take some amazing shots?

I am planning a trip to Cancun next month to take some shots all around, and also attend the Summer Solstice. Do anyone who have visited Cancun know where would be a good area to take shots of non tourist?

May 01, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Great spots in Cancun to take some amazing shots?

Be very careful. It seems the drug-fueled violence in Mexico is extending to the resort areas also.

May 02, 2013 at 09:26 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Great spots in Cancun to take some amazing shots?

Cancun or non-tourist. Pick one. The entire city is a tourist attraction. Everyone speaks English.

May 02, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Great spots in Cancun to take some amazing shots?

As has been mentioned, Cancun and the Riviera Maya area are by definition tourist areas. Still, it's possible to take some very nice photos without having an advertisement or tourist in every shot. It depends quite a bit on what kind of photos you want to take (people vs. ruins vs. nature, for example).

Here are some suggestions:
- Tulum. There will be tourists there but the ruins against the beach and the blue surf is rather unique and can be really beautiful.

- Xel-ha / Xcaret. Again, there will be tourists but these parks are close to Tulum and it's worth a stop at least one of the two places, particularly if you do any snorkeling. It's been a while but I would say Xcaret is the better of the two.

- If you like nature, a trip to the bird refuge on Isla Contoy might be of interest.

- Downtown Cancun might be worth a visit if you want pics of locals.

- Since you mentioned the solstice, it sounds like you may be planning to visit Chichen-itza to see the serpent on the pyramid. You will definitely encounter tourists THERE at that time of the year. I'm talking the potential of 40,000+ people. Chichen-itza has begun to rope off popular areas so the last I heard, it is no longer possible to climb to the top of the main pyramid and I believe the Chac Mool is roped off as well.

- If you want ruins that are a little less popular than Chichen, Coba might be an option. I have always wanted to visit it but haven't had the chance yet. It is less impressive than Chichen-itza but it is a more recently discovered ruin and should have less people. It may also allow you to get closer to some of the ruins.

- If you have the time and are going to be going to Chichen-itza anyway, you may want to consider spending a couple of days in and around Merida. Merida has a very nice downtown area with much fewer tourists. Makes for some nice pics at night. There are also several cenotes around Merida that might be worth a visit. Merida has a beach nearby, Puerto Progreso. It really doesn't compare to the beaches at Cancun, Cozumel, and the Riviera Maya but it might be of interest if you want fewer tourists and more local color.

Have a nice trip!

May 02, 2013 at 03:52 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.