Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 5d3 Firmware v1.2.1 3rd Party Batteries

Occulai

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 5d3 Firmware v1.2.1 3rd Party Batteries

Good Evening Everyone,
I decided to get my feet wet with the new firmware this evening, and ran into a little issue. Seems like there are some third party batteries out there that are no longer compatible with the new firmware. There are some other posts about this on the internet. It gives the error message "Communication with Canon LP-E6 battery is Irregular. Continue to use this battery?" It still continues to work, and I think it seems to report a battery level that makes sense. I imagine it works very similar to the ones that don't have chips in them.
Not a problem for me - I can just give it to my girlfriend for her to use with her 5d2. I'm in the market anyways for new batteries, but now I am worried about finding ones that are compatible with the new firmware. What kinds are people using that are working? I am considering getting some of the sterlingtek ones off amazon if people are having good luck with them. For reference the battery that I have is a Pearstone (1450 mAh) and is one of the first ones that I saw on B&H with a chip and has served me well over the years.
-Jason

May 02, 2013 at 04:13 AM
helimat
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · 5d3 Firmware v1.2.1 3rd Party Batteries

There is a bit of a discussion about this topic here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1209172/3#11523301

May 02, 2013 at 04:28 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password