Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

I LOVE MY 6D!

drew.bowser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · I LOVE MY 6D!

So, after 5 or so years of fighting with my 5D2s to get them to work how I want it to, I am glad to say that straight out of the box the 6D has made me a happy camper. Several trips back and forth to Canon CPS has never made the 5Ds work right... I LOVE the fact the the shadows are clean when pushing exposures...no more banding! I LOVE that the AF just works! The center point focuses on literally nothing and the outer ones actually work - although not as well as the center in the dark.

Shooting on Sandisk 95/mbsec I can get 21 raw files at full speed and then an image about every half second after that... Memory on SD cards is SO MUCH CHEAPER and quite a bit faster for less money.

I know there was a recent thread if it was worth it for a 5D2 to 6D upgrade - i can say, I am happy I did it.

Oh and my 600EX-RTs now work in groups and HSS over radio!

No images on here yet because I just got back from a shoot and I am headed out to another shoot 3 hours away right now! Maybe ill post some later...

May 01, 2013 at 06:49 PM
thornie

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · I LOVE MY 6D!

The 6D is an absolutely incredible body for shooting stills! Great value. Good to know you made the right decision.

May 01, 2013 at 06:56 PM
drew.bowser
• • •
p.1 #3 · I LOVE MY 6D!

two initial things I worried about were the shutter limitations and the missing PC sync - My problems were solved by upgrading my speedlites to 600EXs.

HSS over radio and then I no longer need to run a speedlite AND transmitter at weddings.

the 1/4000th of a second issue is none for me - because even shooting at 1.4 I dont know if I have ever used 1/8000 of a second shutter speed.

I looked through my most recent librarys in LR and couldnt find any images faster than 1/4000th.

May 01, 2013 at 07:01 PM
helimat
• • • •
p.1 #4 · I LOVE MY 6D!

The built in wifi is great for instantly updating Facebook with family pics.

May 01, 2013 at 07:18 PM
Filterman

p.1 #5 · I LOVE MY 6D!

I agree.

I upgraded from a Canon 7D and I am very happy I made the move. The low light focus ability of this camera is amazing. Bought my 1st high end prime (Sigma 35/1.5 A lens) and am amazed how sharp the images are. This camera is very nice for both portraits and landscapes.
Very happy. Highly recommended.
J. Allen

May 01, 2013 at 07:52 PM
rater

p.1 #6 · I LOVE MY 6D!

Well, here there is another happy 6D owner. I have upgraded from a 60D, which I never really felt comfortable with, and I am really happy with the change. I think I have done more photos in a couple of weeks with this camera than last year with the 60D.

May 01, 2013 at 08:59 PM
jfulton
• • • •
p.1 #7 · I LOVE MY 6D!

It's a great camera, indeed. And despite the bad reviews of it's video, I've successfully produced some amazing results for clients. You just have to be aware of it's limitations.

May 01, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rebelshooter
• • •
p.1 #8 · I LOVE MY 6D!

Just got mine last week. First full frame that I will use in conjunction with my 7D, and so far I must say that I am loving it.
Haven't gotten to use it a lot yet, but the next couple weeks will give it a good work out.

May 01, 2013 at 11:39 PM
StarNut
• • •
p.1 #9 · I LOVE MY 6D!

Sorry, but you're only allowed to post on this subforum if you're complaining about Canon (especially if you're whining that Nikon is better).

May 02, 2013 at 04:20 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · I LOVE MY 6D!

StarNut wrote:
Sorry, but you're only allowed to post on this subforum if you're complaining about Canon (especially if you're whining that Nikon is better).

This can't be right. Normally nuttin' but haters whining endlessly about this camera and how they're switching to Samsung or Pentax if Canon doesn't do this, that 'n the other.

May 02, 2013 at 05:02 AM
Simms65
• •
p.1 #11 · I LOVE MY 6D!

I'm quite happy with mine too.

May 02, 2013 at 03:01 PM
lighthawk
• •
p.1 #12 · I LOVE MY 6D!

Another 7D user here, very happy with IQ and high ISO capabilities of my new 6D. I'm already selling images from it.

May 02, 2013 at 03:48 PM
Leeuwtje
• • •
p.1 #13 · I LOVE MY 6D!

I shoot people and landscapes with a 1DsII and some primes. Decided to buy a 6D with a 24-105, mainly for better high ISO perfomance. Like it very much!
On my 1DsII I could go to ISO 160 max before having to apply noise reduction, with the 6D I can get to ISO 650 or 1250. This means two or three extra stops for me.

Also the build in lens profiles are very nice. Furthermore, I use GPS and WiFi much more than expected. On my last shoot the stylist could watch the frames popping on the tablet, while I was shooting the model some 50 feet away.

Find the AF much better than expected, especially after all the horror stories.

Still love my 1DsII and it's files in good light, and the 6D is now a welcome friend in low light.

May 02, 2013 at 03:50 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password