Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              31      
       33              36       37       end

Archive 2013 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

dennishh
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.32 #1 · p.32 #1 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

I just found this link to some Touit 32mm samples shot by a German photographer. http://www.fotojell.de/foto-tipps/113-exklusive-premiere-der-neuen-zeiss-objektive These are very possessive.

Jun 07, 2013 at 08:25 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.32 #2 · p.32 #2 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Jeff Kott wrote:
Agreed that Touit 32 has a lot of competition, but nothing quite like it if it performs to expectations. I think that the E mount version will be sold out from preorders on the date it is available and very difficult to obtain for at least 6 months after that. X mount version is a tougher call because of the 35/1.4.

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong about this one. All Touits are in stock at B&H.

Unfortunately, my Touit 32 is sitting on my desk unboxed in San Francisco while I'm in Maui. I was really hoping to get it before I left on this trip.

Jun 13, 2013 at 06:14 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.32 #3 · p.32 #3 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

That's horrible jeff. The 32 is a great lens. I can let you try the 12 and 32 if you get me out to maui.

Jun 13, 2013 at 06:30 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.32 #4 · p.32 #4 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
That's horrible jeff. The 32 is a great lens. I can let you try the 12 and 32 if you get me out to maui.

Yeah, I'm not not feeling too sorry for myself.

Jun 13, 2013 at 06:39 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.32 #5 · p.32 #5 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

I don't have any new photos with the Touits, but if you want to see the insides of the 32mm: http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/06/really-getting-in-touit

Someone mentioned earlier how it reminds them of the 50mm ZM, and it really does, both optical formula and how it is set up inside.

Jun 13, 2013 at 06:46 PM
theSuede
• • • •
p.32 #6 · p.32 #6 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

The outer position sensor isn't optical, it's a hall sensor (much cheaper, good enough resolution for the fly-by-wire control...)

The magnetic strip sensor is the actual helicoid position sensor.

The last achromatic doublet is there for two reasons - it's both a focal reducer (the front six-element Gauss looks to be closer to 45mm...) and a flattener. The lens in the Sony RX1 contains a similar - but much more complex, due to the very short overall length and larger sensor - solution to the same effect.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:29 AM
RCicala
• • • •
p.32 #7 · p.32 #7 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

theSuede wrote:
The outer position sensor isn't optical, it's a hall sensor (much cheaper, good enough resolution for the fly-by-wire control...)

The magnetic strip sensor is the actual helicoid position sensor.

The last achromatic doublet is there for two reasons - it's both a focal reducer (the front six-element Gauss looks to be closer to 45mm...) and a flattener. The lens in the Sony RX1 contains a similar - but much more complex, due to the very short overall length and larger sensor - solution to the same effect.

Thank you! I said I was probably wrong on both of them, but I was right on 1 out of 2. I'm learning every day

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:47 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.32 #8 · p.32 #8 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

One out of two ain't bad.

Jun 14, 2013 at 01:27 AM
serhan_
• • •
p.32 #9 · p.32 #9 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Thanks Roger for the 32mm test and the inside details

Are you going to test the 12mm?

Jun 14, 2013 at 01:49 AM
RCicala
• • • •
p.32 #10 · p.32 #10 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

serhan_ wrote:
Thanks Roger for the 32mm test and the inside details

Are you going to test the 12mm?

I won't in the near future - my time is pretty limited in June because repairs are so heavy. But I was more interested in that lens on the Fuji (comparing it to the Fuji 14) but Imatest isn't accurate on Fuji's cameras (at least I not the way I test).

Jun 14, 2013 at 01:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

serhan_
• • •
p.32 #11 · p.32 #11 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Thanks for the answer. One blogger is repeating what you said about 12mm vs 32mm and claiming that the Fuji 14mm is a better lens as it is optically corrected and 12mm corners are a little worse esp with the digitally distortion correction on the corners. It would be interesting to compare them with imatest.

Just Touit Zeiss Touit 12mm

RCicala wrote:
I won't in the near future - my time is pretty limited in June because repairs are so heavy. But I was more interested in that lens on the Fuji (comparing it to the Fuji 14) but Imatest isn't accurate on Fuji's cameras (at least I not the way I test).

Jun 14, 2013 at 02:37 AM
you2
• • •
p.32 #12 · p.32 #12 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

How does the construction of the 32mm lens compare to fuji 35f1.4 ?

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM
dennishh
• • •
p.32 #13 · p.32 #13 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

I just received my Zeiss Touit 32mm 1.8 ! As you know I was quite concerned about the quality of this lens as compared to the other Sony glass that I've worked with. All I can say about that is Run don't walk to your closest dealer and by this lens. Initial tests on my part have shown that it's the new Zeiss is spectacular in every way, color, contrast and sharpness at every f-stop. I might be just overreacting but I wish Zeiss would make this lens in an automatic version for my D800e. Here are a few of the initial handheld tests that have been processed in light room 5 which has the Zeiss lens corrections built-in. Haven't tested with capture one yet but expect them to be better. one of the drawbacks of the Zeiss on the NEX is the focusing hunting that the camera does. According to Sony there's an update the firmware coming out in August that should solve this problem/inconvenience. The DMF is quite good and very accurate, but the auto focus hunting is annoying even in manual focus mode. I did find that most of the time the auto focus was extremely accurate though.

f2.8 NEX 7

F5.6

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM
dennishh
• • •
p.32 #14 · p.32 #14 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Two more Toit 32 1.8

f4

three frame hand held stitch f5.6

Edited on Jun 15, 2013 at 01:05 AM · View previous versions

Jun 15, 2013 at 01:01 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.32 #15 · p.32 #15 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

The 32 looks sweet, I wouldnt mind having one
Not sure if it makes sense in the NEX lens line, I'm not very familiar with the alternatives, but for my fuji it's a difficult sale compared to my 35/1.4... Zeiss is asking me to sacrifice $300 and a little bit of aperture and bulk, in return for an incremental improvement in IQ. But is that improvement really there?

Jun 15, 2013 at 01:04 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.32 #16 · p.32 #16 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

dennishh wrote:
The DMF is quite good and very accurate, but the auto focus hunting is annoying even in manual focus mode. I did find that most of the time the auto focus was extremely accurate though.

wait what? how is AF hunting annoying in manual focus mode? now i'm confused.

Jun 15, 2013 at 01:20 AM
dennishh
• • •
p.32 #17 · p.32 #17 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Me to! The Zeiss always seems to re focus when the af/mf button is pushed to focus. This is the set up that diglloyd recommended as a work around for continuous auto focusing on the NEX. http://diglloyd.com/blog/2013/20130510_3-how-to-control-NEX7-autofocus.html Hopefully this will be fixed wit firmware.

Jun 15, 2013 at 02:02 AM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
p.32 #18 · p.32 #18 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Yep, each time I hit af/mf button, the lens goes zoop-zoop and focuses in then out.

Also, the aperture is noisy. Adjusting the aperture with the thumbwheel yields a pretty loud little sound. (this is regarding the 12, I don't have the 32)

The lens quality feels great though (compared to all other E-mount lenses anyway).

Jun 15, 2013 at 02:23 AM
dennishh
• • •
p.32 #19 · p.32 #19 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

"lens goes zoop-zoop" great description, should be a tee shirt. Doesn't seem to loud to me. I called Zeiss about this, supposedly they have forwarded Germany.

Jun 15, 2013 at 02:49 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.32 #20 · p.32 #20 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

dennishh wrote:
"lens goes zoop-zoop" great description, should be a tee shirt. Doesn't seem to loud to me. I called Zeiss about this, supposedly they have forwarded Germany.

I think I've heard that in a song. so you are in manual focus mode but you've assigned the AF/mf button to trigger single AF. I understand now.

Jun 15, 2013 at 03:46 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password