Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              15      
       17              36       37       end

Archive 2013 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

RCicala
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.16 #1 · p.16 #1 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

I get to go to the pre-release thing in New York Tuesday. If anyone has anything specific they want me to look at I'll be happy to. Not certain, but I doubt they'll let me keep images although we've been promised plenty of hands on time with whichever cameras we want.

May 09, 2013 at 09:46 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.16 #2 · p.16 #2 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Sounds great Roger. When you get the Touits, I'll come calling...and then I'll be sure to shoot a color run with it. (great article on that yesterday).

May 09, 2013 at 10:22 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.16 #3 · p.16 #3 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Roger, I'd be very interested to hear what you think about the 12/2.8 on an X Pro-1 or X-E1.

May 09, 2013 at 10:33 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.16 #4 · p.16 #4 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

jcolwell wrote:
Roger, I'd be very interested to hear what you think about the 12/2.8 on an X Pro-1 or X-E1.

Ditto.

Rich

May 09, 2013 at 10:36 AM
carlitos
• • •
p.16 #5 · p.16 #5 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

So will this new Touit range of lenses be made by Cosina in Japan?

May 09, 2013 at 11:56 AM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.16 #6 · p.16 #6 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Haptics, ergonomics, hood fit and quality, quality of lens materials, an assessment of tolerances in rings and mount. Maybe give the focus ring a squeeze as you turn it.

See if you can offer us a comment on the veracity of this statement by Zeiss:

'..all moving parts of the Touit 2.8/12, conceived specifically for Sony NEX and Fujifilm X Series cameras, are engineered for extreme precision and a long working life. And finally, its strong and rigid metal bayonet mount makes it an absolutely dependable companion for many years to come.'

vis-a-vis the Fuji lenses. Some have commented that that the AF 'feels good' - see if you agree.

See if you can find the aperture ring on the NEX version.
Sneak us out a card with a few from the 12mm on it ;-0 TIA

May 09, 2013 at 05:02 PM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
p.16 #7 · p.16 #7 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

philip_pj wrote:
See if you can find the aperture ring on the NEX version.

I don't think they'll let him disassemble it

May 09, 2013 at 05:15 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.16 #8 · p.16 #8 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Excellent and thank you all for the input. I'm most interested in the 12mm and I'll be taking an X-Pro 1 and NEX 6. I actually asked them if I could bring a few tools and take a quick look inside. That got a quick and very firm "No". But, the good news is they then told me we'd have copies probably within the week. Definitely will find time to take one of those apart.

Now I just need to come up with titles for a blog article. I'm leaning towards "Getting a Round Touit", but if I don't like them, then maybe "There Was Nothing Touit". Any other suggestions?

May 09, 2013 at 06:02 PM
sflxn
• • •
p.16 #9 · p.16 #9 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Can you please take a NEX-7 instead? Everyone always test on the 16mp sensor, and it's the 24mp sensor that gives the most problems.

May 09, 2013 at 06:15 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.16 #10 · p.16 #10 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

sflxn wrote:
Can you please take a NEX-7 instead? Everyone always test on the 16mp sensor, and it's the 24mp sensor that gives the most problems.

Will do - that's a good point I should have thought of.

May 09, 2013 at 06:22 PM
sflxn
• • •
p.16 #11 · p.16 #11 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

It looks like Lloyd now have the Touits in hand and about to begin his analysis, and he's also doing it on the more demanding NEX-7. It's too bad I no longer have a subscription.

May 09, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.16 #12 · p.16 #12 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

carlitos wrote:
So will this new Touit range of lenses be made by Cosina in Japan?

I'm curious about who is making these for Zeiss as well. Maybe it's even Sony (or whoever is making the Zeiss AF Sony lenses now).

May 09, 2013 at 06:59 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.16 #13 · p.16 #13 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

sflxn wrote:
It looks like Lloyd now have the Touits in hand and about to begin his analysis, and he's also doing it on the more demanding NEX-7. It's too bad I no longer have a subscription.

Don't worry, I am sure he'll post some teaser pictures of his dollies and bikes hanging in a garage that will give you a little insight.

May 09, 2013 at 07:03 PM
dennishh
• • •
p.16 #14 · p.16 #14 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

diglloyd first Zeiss Touit 32 1.8 test is up. Cover image looks amazing. I don't have a subscription so could someone look and let us know!

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2013/20130509_4-Zeiss-Touit-32f1_8-bluedoll-pellegrino.html

May 09, 2013 at 09:20 PM
JaKo
• • • •
p.16 #15 · p.16 #15 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

corposant wrote: Don't worry, I am sure he'll post some teaser pictures of his dollies and bikes hanging in a garage that will give you a little insight.

He didn't. He actually posted well prepped sets of test shots (as usual, per Lloyd) that may be very helpful for any considering Touit purchaser.

May 09, 2013 at 09:23 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.16 #16 · p.16 #16 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

dennishh wrote:
diglloyd first Zeiss Touit 32 1.8 test is up. Cover image looks amazing. I don't have a subscription so could someone look and let us know!

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2013/20130509_4-Zeiss-Touit-32f1_8-bluedoll-pellegrino.html

Indeed, at this close shooting distance, I find the performance to be very promising, and the lens seems to be very well corrected for field curvature and CA, as far as I can tell from the web size image.

May 09, 2013 at 10:10 PM
dennishh
• • •
p.16 #17 · p.16 #17 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Thank you! Can't wait to see some images from someone on this forum at infinity and for the time being will keep my pre-order. Supposedly Hunt Drug is having Zeiss at their store today and Saturday with both lenses to look at. I don't think they will let me take any images, but will post if they do.

May 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.16 #18 · p.16 #18 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

He says it's great from f2.8. Low contrast and lack of microcontrast at f1.8/f2. You need to stop down to F4-F5.6 to get sharp extreme corners. Distortion is higher than most 50mm equivalent lenses.

May 10, 2013 at 02:25 AM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.16 #19 · p.16 #19 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

Zeiss are happy with distortion that is linear and under 2%, but should maybe do better with a normal lens, but they will push this one somewhat. The ZE 50 Planar has just under 2% barrel. I imagine that designing a 32mm is still like designing a 48mm on FF, so it is not a wide angle - everything scaled down and the 'FL' is dictated by the diagonal of the APS-C frame.

Just saw LC's 12mm shot - very nice indeed, and loads of DOF with APS-C. It's great for Sony to have this lens now, these will give the high end NEX users a viable lineup, and Sony gets space to do the FF MILC dev. Looking forward to seeing how a 12mm on NEX7 goes vs 5D2/D800 + 21mm.

I also have videos of a bird they can use for their emblem:

Roger those expressions are demeaning, how unkind of you ;-)
Maybe you can ask them to clarify two more things:
1. Please produce the MTF charts - CZ data sheets look naked without them, and we can't have naked birds running around;
2. What is the data lenses are transmitting to the camera, RAW 'baking' plus jpeg? (if someone has not yet asked).

May 10, 2013 at 02:49 AM
sflxn
• • •
p.16 #20 · p.16 #20 · Touit touit touit.... touit :)

I think many would like to know if the 12 is spectacular enough that buyers won't regret spending that much on an aps-c lens once the FF NEX is released. For me, I don't intend to get it. I'd like to know how this lens compares to the 10-18/4 and the Rokinon 14mm. That Rokinon sure is sharp for the price.

May 10, 2013 at 03:24 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.