Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

E&M Wedding... 60 photos

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · E&M Wedding... 60 photos

Identity problem...

Chuck, I think that is the perfect description of one of my main issues that I have been trying to put my finger on for a long time. Part of why I struggle with what to post and what not to post (and, to a lesser degree what to shoot) is because I am not sure what image I am trying to portray. Am I trying to show what I love or am I trying to show what I think will best target prospective brides? Even though I am pleased with how our work is improving, a big part of me does not feel confident enough in our craft to just do what I want to do rather than what I feel like we should do. Because of that, I send mixed signals. At times, I post the more unique view of a moment because I find it stirring, and at other times, I post what I think will get the most likes from the bride's girlfriends on facebook.

Ideally, I would love to post around 30 images per wedding, but I find it nearly impossible to know what to post and what to leave out.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, and thank you for being so direct....I really appreciate that.

Apr 30, 2013 at 07:28 PM
vbourrut
• •
p.2 #2 · E&M Wedding... 60 photos

27, waouuuu ! great !

Apr 30, 2013 at 08:09 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.2 #3 · E&M Wedding... 60 photos

Really nice, Joel. I agree with Alan and Morby, 13 and 24 are nuts.

May 01, 2013 at 12:54 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · E&M Wedding... 60 photos

Great set. #24 is priceless.

May 01, 2013 at 08:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joelconner
• • • •
p.2 #5 · E&M Wedding... 60 photos

thanks guys! 24 was one of my favorites well...it was one of those images that, honestly, is the type of photo I would expect to see from someone else and not myself. But, I have been trying to do better about seeing things like this.

May 03, 2013 at 04:03 AM
truehuss
• •
p.2 #6 · E&M Wedding... 60 photos

Great job Joel. No disrespect but I definitely see a little 'Hoffer' influence. Not saying your copying him just influenced. But, I haven't been to Hoffshop and I'm influenced too. lol

Great set all the way. Love that dress shot--13 & 24- also. and a few others as well. All the way through the set rocks. I would also take what Chuck said in mind as there are some that should be taken off. IMO. And I totally get what your saying about what to blog. I struggle with that all the time. Even Tony has told me i n other words...less is more. I just cant seem to get it. One day.

Thanks for sharing bro. Keep killin it!

May 10, 2013 at 01:40 PM
Ian Boys
• • •
p.2 #7 · E&M Wedding... 60 photos

Really like this set - really good. The one that stands out to me as a No is #41 where she's leaning against him and he's standing there casually with his hand in his pocket. Something about the interaction just feels all wrong there.

May 10, 2013 at 01:55 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password