FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Homestead

MTguy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Homestead

I love this little homestead near where I live. It is kind of in the middle of nowhere, with these huge trees on either side of it. I have gone there a couple times to photograph it. These were taken a year apart, but in the same season each time. I would love some CC.

One from just after the sun set.

Homestead at Dusk by gabes3045, on Flickr

And one from late evening before the sun set. I actually like this one better. The processing isn't fantastic. I have gotten better at it since I first took this photo. However, this is what I have on Flickr and it gets the point across.

Untitled by gabes3045, on Flickr

Apr 29, 2013 at 02:40 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Homestead

Nicely done! Hope you get all 4 seasons

Apr 29, 2013 at 04:23 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Homestead

That is a pretty cool homestead. I like the way you worked the light in #2, but I think #1 could really be a sweet shot if you exposed the sky properly. It's blown out, but from the detail left, it looks like there would be some cool color on the horizon, so it's a shame to lose out on that.

Jim

Apr 30, 2013 at 02:16 AM
96Brigadier

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Homestead

JimFox wrote:
That is a pretty cool homestead. I like the way you worked the light in #2, but I think #1 could really be a sweet shot if you exposed the sky properly. It's blown out, but from the detail left, it looks like there would be some cool color on the horizon, so it's a shame to lose out on that.

Jim

I am in agreement with Jim, for me it is the first one and I'd love to see it with a bit of work done to the exposure in order to bring more color out on the horizon.

Apr 30, 2013 at 08:26 AM
MTguy
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Homestead

Thanks for the comments. In the first shot, I actually had to do a lot of work to get much color at all to show. It was a pretty bland sunset. I have multiple exposures of this, and this one turned out the best for color. I am sure I will return before too long to try again.

Apr 30, 2013 at 09:08 AM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Homestead

Very nice. Definitely worth a revisit or two. This is so similar to a collapsed old house near my neck of the woods.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thereal7/8181260421/

Apr 30, 2013 at 01:31 PM
MTguy
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Homestead

Thanks. There is just something about this little house that intrigues me. It is kind of a long story, but last time I was here I ended up meeting the owners. They live nearby. The current rancher's mom actually lived here as a little girl with her parents. She is probably in her mid eighties now. Very nice lady. Told me a little bit about it. Crazy. I thought it was very neat.

Apr 30, 2013 at 01:35 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.