Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Young love

Anurag
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Young love

I ran into David and Sam(antha) by the ocean where they seemed to be rather cozy and enjoying the beautiful weather - enough to where I almost didn't even go up to talk to them. The light was soft and low and the air smelled crisp. A slight wind tossed about and I saw a glimmer of happiness in Sam's eyes. Not one borne of the simple fact that I wanted to take their picture but something much deeper - much more visceral. It seemed as if she was proud to be in that moment but fumbled to find a way to share what made her happy. This simple joy reminded me of a little girl playing dress up and then finally proclaiming to be a princess. She got up and stood next to David and then I saw apprehension (probably of having a complete stranger ask her for a picture) for the most fleeting of moments soon to be overcome by a carefreeness only characteristic of a princess. The happiness returned just as quickly and she scrambled behind him to go to his other side so her left hand were in front. Sam beamed with pride and joy and cheekily said, "we just got engaged and I want the ring to be in the picture." She tried to contain herself as she said it but I am glad she failed.

Given the location on the beach, I couldn't move back farther to compose differently so after cropping away the white space, I got this as my result. Yours thoughts are welcome.

New beginnings

NIKON D800    Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 ZF.2 lens    35mm    f/4.5    1/80s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 29, 2013 at 05:01 AM
odnanref

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Young love

Adding some catchlights to the eyes would certainly enhance the images. Maybe a little bit more contrast in the couple? Otherwise the details and color look great--especially in the clouds! Well done.

Apr 30, 2013 at 04:55 PM
Anurag
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Young love

Fernando, I realized I should have used a flash there but I thought I had enough ambient light and didn't want the flash to overpower the scene. In retrospect I might have been better off using it anyways.

Apr 30, 2013 at 09:35 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password