Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Spiderwort

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Spiderwort

Tis the season...

Comments? Too centered?

Thanks,

Bob

NIKON D7100    50.0 mm f/1.4 lens    50mm    f/4.0    1/80s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Spiderwort

I might say too centered, yes... and the bloom at the bottom right is a bit distracting to me. Here's what I'd do:

Quick & dirty: You can see where I content aware filled the bloom; if I were better, I could probably make that cleaner...

Apr 29, 2013 at 02:07 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Spiderwort

I like the direction Ernie was going.
I agree about the distraction of the lower right corner bloom, and subsequent need to rebalance the blossoms in the frame. I wish you could have shot without that element. Without it, you might need to reduce the negative space on the left.
Scott

Apr 29, 2013 at 02:27 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Spiderwort

Ernie & Scott,

Thanks for your helpful comments - a little pre-planning or rearrangement could save lots of later headaches. Guess that applies to lots of things

Regards,

Bob

Apr 29, 2013 at 01:58 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Spiderwort

Bob Jarman wrote:
... a little pre-planning or rearrangement could save lots of later headaches. Guess that applies to lots of things

Bingo!!!

Apr 29, 2013 at 02:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

odnanref

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Spiderwort

It's too centred and the image would benefit from some cropping from the right hand side and the distracting flower on the bottom right. This image would look great in the corner of the image, say maybe removing some from the bottom as well.

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Spiderwort

odnanref wrote:
It's too centred and the image would benefit from some cropping from the right hand side and the distracting flower on the bottom right. This image would look great in the corner of the image, say maybe removing some from the bottom as well.

Something like this?

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM
pinball_pw
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Spiderwort

Maybe just a bit looser, but I like this crop. Did the colors change between the photos? I like the little critter, I didn't notice that before the crop. -Paul

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Spiderwort

pinball_pw wrote:
Maybe just a bit looser, but I like this crop. Did the colors change between the photos? I like the little critter, I didn't notice that before the crop. -Paul

Color - somehow mangled that copy...separate version, thoughts?

Bob

May 01, 2013 at 11:35 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password