Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sony RX1 Hood

Visuals
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony RX1 Hood

Is it worth it to get the Sony Hood for the RX1? Or does the Chinese hood from Ebay work just as fine
What about the aesthetics?

Thanks

Apr 28, 2013 at 09:46 PM
philip_pj
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony RX1 Hood

The aesthetics are in the mind of the beholder, much as is Louis XIV furniture and Jackson Pollock. I would say unless you are made of $$, no it's not worth it.

Early buyers had no choice, but the other options work as well, as it is just a lens hood. But if you a person with a yen for a Crocodile skin Leica M:

http://www.cameraleather.com/leica_m/preview2.htm

then that is the free market at work!

I have two hoods, one the cheap knockoff, not the pricey knockoff; and for times when I want the camera to be shorter, I use a 49mm to 37mm step down ring, works on top of a filter without vignetting - well, no more than the lens manages in unadorned trim anyway. Even got myself a Schneider Kreuznach push on lens cap as I don't like the dust gathering pinch ones. How's that for aesthetics? lol, we are all crazy in our own way...

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony RX1 Hood

Ebay, sony 's is very overpriced

I use it primarily to protect the front element from damage

Phil

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Visuals
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony RX1 Hood

THanks guys

Apr 29, 2013 at 03:04 PM
darrellc
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sony RX1 Hood

I have the $65 JJC and the $7 screw on. The Sony lens cap fits the JJC perfectly but doesn't really work with the screw in. The bayonet fitting on the JJC works as I expect the Sony would. I can't imagine what the Sony gains you over the JJC.

Apr 29, 2013 at 04:42 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password