New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon FD expert help needed! Len stuck wide open

edough

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon FD expert help needed! Len stuck wide open

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a 50 1.4 S.S.C. which I am trying to use with my Sony NEX-6 using a ebay FD-NEX adapter.

I've tried adjusting the aperture when mounted to the adapter and to the sony body, but nothing seems to have an effect.

I filmed myself attaching the lens to the adapter to show you guys how I'm doing it (incase I'm doing it incorrectly).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Apr 28, 2013 at 02:38 PM
arstein
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon FD expert help needed! Len stuck wide open

try sliding the adapter to on instead of off before you put the adapter on lens

Apr 28, 2013 at 02:58 PM
CalW
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon FD expert help needed! Len stuck wide open

Yup - I did the same thing when I purchased my first FD - there is a lever thingy that has to be on the correct side of a post, else the one can't move the other. I sold my FD's so I don't have one to hand to explain it in proper detail. Experiment a bit before you put the adapter on the lens and you will get a feeling for how the mechanism works, then it all makes sense.

Apr 28, 2013 at 03:54 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon FD expert help needed! Len stuck wide open

With the FD's (silver nose & SSC's) you can push the aperture lever up till it stops, and push it some more till it reaches the end of the slot, it should stay there, now the aperture should open and close as you turn the aperture ring, if it doesn't, a previous owner may have opened the rear up and not put it back together correctly, I so I can help if needed.

Edit:
This should help you fix it if it was put together wrong, I've done it a few times when doing a full clean & relube.
FD 50/1.4 assembly

Apr 28, 2013 at 06:51 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.