Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

mirkoc
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

http://www.lenstip.com/2043-news-Samyang_T-S_24_mm_f_3.5_ED_AS_UMC_-_sample_images.html

Apr 26, 2013 at 09:45 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

Thanks!

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

Looks pretty good. The samples remind a lot of the first Canon TSE 24 only with some edge/corner improvement.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
R.Young
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

hmmm, the first 3-4 samples seem to be tilted, either that or they are SOFT at the top and bottom. The description says they are 'Sample images without any corrections' though...

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

Yeah, those are straight through the lens with no tilt or shift. So you get all the perspective distortion of him aiming the camera up.

Apr 27, 2013 at 03:49 AM
R.Young
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

No, I mean the first set of photos seem to be using full tilt to send the plane if focus through the centre of the image, leaving both the top and bottom out of focus. But in the description of that section it says no tilt or shift was used. Either he's dropped those photos into the wrong category or the website is mixing the images up for me. The lens can't be that soft wide open...

Apr 27, 2013 at 09:33 AM
joxang
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

Good spot, there's a clear out-of-focus plane at the top and bottom of those pics.

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

I'm looking for the full review.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Glenn NK
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

Yakim Peled wrote:
I'm looking for the full review.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Agreed - I don't think one could conclude much from these images - other than they don't make the lens look very good. If an image needs shift, and a TS lens is used, shouldn't the TS feature be used? Else why bother using a TS lens.

Glenn

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

They do have shots taken with tilt applied and shots with shift applied. The 1st section was taken straight so the viewer can see the difference. I think the examples look good. It will be nice to see how it compares to the Canon lens for 1/2 price.

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Glenn NK
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

JohnBrose wrote:
They do have shots taken with tilt applied and shots with shift applied. The 1st section was taken straight so the viewer can see the difference. I think the examples look good. It will be nice to see how it compares to the Canon lens for 1/2 price.

Sorry, I didn't scroll down far enough the see the corrected images.

Glenn

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:09 AM
deadhumpy
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

Is it just me or do these samples look really bad. The corners seem really soft at f16.

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:52 AM
lsutigerfan
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

deadhumpy wrote:
Is it just me or do these samples look really bad. The corners seem really soft at f16.

I didn't pixel peeper them to death, but look amateurish attempts, at best. Granted, they are not easy to use...but at least have some half-decent subject matter. How about the interior of a 600 yr-old gothic museum/church? How about some snow-tipped mountains?

Apr 30, 2013 at 06:24 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

deadhumpy wrote:

Yes, many of the images don't look very good at all . . .

Apr 30, 2013 at 06:33 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

Reminds me of their "review" of the Samyang 35/1.4. Superb lens while Lenstip shots made it look disappointing. Almost made me not buying the lens, luckily I got one anyway.

Apr 30, 2013 at 07:42 PM
lsutigerfan
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

wfrank wrote:
Reminds me of their "review" of the Samyang 35/1.4. Superb lens while Lenstip shots made it look disappointing. Almost made me not buying the lens, luckily I got one anyway.

Nice work. I see you still love your 5d2? Excellent camera and more than 95% of non-sports/wildlife would ever need. Yet, I still switched systems to nikon for their UWA -- of which Canon STILL has not released. Will always be a fan tho

May 03, 2013 at 04:09 AM
paulesko
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

some more pics in this spanish website

http://www.digitalcamaralens.com/Html/Objetivos/Samyang/Samyang_24_1,5%20T/Galeria/Samyang%2024%201.5%20t%20%20Galeria.htm

May 04, 2013 at 02:43 PM
R.Young
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

wrong lens, you've linked to the 24 T1.5 video lens

May 04, 2013 at 03:00 PM
paulesko
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

Sorry for the mistake, I was just overlooking the site so I didnīt even read the mini-review and I thought it was the t/s lens

May 04, 2013 at 03:56 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Samyang T-S 24 mm sample images on LensTip

I ran a batch through Imatest yesterday (8 copies) and should have them processed over the weekend. One of the 8 copies was badly decentered, though, so I don't want to generalize until I have a chance to look at the variation -- with such a few copies I want to be sure I'm looking at a representative sample.

I'm also going to take one apart - build quality is going to be important because getting a RokiBowYang repaired is nearly impossible. I'm concerned about the lever that lets you rotate the mount: it's rather soft plastic and you can see it bend when you push the lever. Every other tilt shift I know of uses a metal lever.

May 04, 2013 at 04:54 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password