Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Parents coming with the couple for viewing/sales sessions...

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Parents coming with the couple for viewing/sales sessions...

Do you like it when parents attend the engagement or wedding viewing/sales session? (for those of you who do that). My wife and I have differing opinions on this, but seeing as how she is the one who actually does the sessions, my opinion is not as valuable.

I tend to think that with the right parents, the potential for additional sales goes way up. But, in my wife's experiences, the parents will tend to be a drag on the sale because they seem to feel like they have spent enough money already and that the kids "already have enough." Granted, up until this year, we have been averaging a 4-6 week turnaround, and this year we are set to knock out our weddings in 1-2 weeks. So, hopefully the excitement will still be there to fuel more sales. It's hard to say up to this point, because most of our weddings this year so far were on the lower end of our budget range.

How do you feel the parents affect the sales process, and what can one do to transform them/encourage them to be a boon rather than a detriment?

Apr 26, 2013 at 05:26 PM
pftomo

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Parents coming with the couple for viewing/sales sessions...

In our experience, parents come from a time where they value prints more so they tend to encourage album and print sales as well as contributing towards the costs. (all good things)

Apr 26, 2013 at 05:34 PM
Dan Grisez
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Parents coming with the couple for viewing/sales sessions...

It's the age of "helicopter parents." The parents probably roomed with little Billy and little Lucy when they were at college.

Apr 26, 2013 at 05:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Parents coming with the couple for viewing/sales sessions...

When I've had parents involved in that it was a good thing for sales. Generally the parents end up wanting stuff for themselves as well, and as someone else mentioned they know better than to want everything digital.

Apr 26, 2013 at 05:55 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Parents coming with the couple for viewing/sales sessions...

I think it depends on why the parents are there; because they want to experience the pictures with their child and might want to buy stuff for themselves or because they are footing the bill/want to protect little Billy and little Lucy from an evil photographer.

Apr 26, 2013 at 08:36 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Parents coming with the couple for viewing/sales sessions...

For me... although I don't mind working with parents... they do tend to bring the sales down a notch with a lot of "do you really need that?" type statements. And I've never had a parent come in who wasn't footing the bill (read: controlling the expenditure).

Apr 26, 2013 at 08:52 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password