Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Egret #356

sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Egret #356

Well, maybe not #356 but I sure have a lot of images
General feedback, thoughts about position in frame? Is it too centered or work for you?
No flash but quite a bit of EV comp and really should have been closer to +2.5-3.0EV

Scott

Canon EOS 7D    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    135mm    f/6.3    1/1250s    400 ISO    +1.7 EV  

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Egret #356

Actually, I think you're exposure is nicely split between the key/shadow sides. I find that there is typically around a 3.5 stop (ROT) variance (season, time of day, skies @ variable) for typical clear sky (unimpeded sun) @ ambient. From that I used to set my fill flash (not that I use flash much these days) around -1 2/3 (1/2 the variance).

Your choice of +1.7 EV is essentially the same @ "split the diff" that has safeguarded/balanced things well, imo. Another 1.3 EV would have blown your BG, which has a nice pastel quality to it as presented, although a kiss of fill @ -1 2/3 could add a bit more conrast/pop to your subject that you might feel is lacking from the soft light. As is, no real complaints @ exposure.

Comp seems a bit odd/awkward ... reminds me of an Emperor Penguin ... but, I didin't find much of a better one. The fringe/bokeh on the leaves are a bit distracting, so some edit/crop there could be something to consider. Alt crop/tweaks for "eh" consideration.

Apr 26, 2013 at 01:05 PM
Beabs

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Egret #356

I like the exposure; I like the white on white/blue. I would crop a little tighter. I seem to be looking for more body.

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:31 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password