Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

Not having much luck finding cloud. Hope you enjoy. Your comments & suggestions are appreciated. Jim

The Mittens

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM
stanparker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

Wonderful scene here, killer sky. Well done.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

stanparker wrote:
Wonderful scene here, killer sky. Well done.

Thank you very much. Jim

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

Hey Jim,

That is a nice shot of the mittens, but what do you mean that you have had a hard time finding cloud(s)? You have a sky full of them, and they look nice.

One thought with the processing on this, the WB still appears to be slightly off, there is a very slight magenta cast in the buttes and the sky. Perhaps try a B&W version in addition to this?

Jim

Apr 26, 2013 at 05:36 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

JimFox wrote:
Hey Jim,

That is a nice shot of the mittens, but what do you mean that you have had a hard time finding cloud(s)? You have a sky full of them, and they look nice.

One thought with the processing on this, the WB still appears to be slightly off, there is a very slight magenta cast in the buttes and the sky. Perhaps try a B&W version in addition to this?

Jim

Thanks Jim. What I should have added is the clouds burn off by 10AM.. Best shooting is 6 AM - 9AM. I have the BW version posted in BW. I will adjust white balance some. Jim

Apr 26, 2013 at 05:50 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

This looks like it was shot later in the morning. Do you have any pre sunrise shots.

I agree with Jim, the white balance is off in the image. I'd also like to see a bit more pop out of the image, maybe a bit more contrast. As it sits, I find it a little dull, but composition is really nice.

Apr 26, 2013 at 06:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

morby
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

chez wrote:
This looks like it was shot later in the morning. Do you have any pre sunrise shots.

I agree with Jim, the white balance is off in the image. I'd also like to see a bit more pop out of the image, maybe a bit more contrast. As it sits, I find it a little dull, but composition is really nice.

I agree that the composition is really nice, but my eye is drawn to the ground and not the sky because it's so much brighter. Maybe bring down the exposure on the ground and brighten the sky.

I wish we had scenes like this in PA!

Apr 26, 2013 at 06:35 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

I like this one. The clouds are a little dark, but other than that...well shot.

Apr 26, 2013 at 08:13 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

chez wrote:

Thanks Chez.. I appreciate the feedback. Jim

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

morby wrote:
I agree that the composition is really nice, but my eye is drawn to the ground and not the sky because it's so much brighter. Maybe bring down the exposure on the ground and brighten the sky.

I wish we had scenes like this in PA!

Thanks Morby. I know what you mean about scenery. Being from SW Texas I am use to dust & sand; but here it is even prettier. I'll try you suggestions. Thanks, Jim

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Zeiss Does Monument Valley #2

Sunny Sra wrote:
I like this one. The clouds are a little dark, but other than that...well shot.

I have a lighter version I will post later. Thank you. Jim

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password