Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Fuji Deep Matte paper

Ho1972
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Fuji Deep Matte paper

I have to get a couple of images printed for an upcoming gallery show and I was thinking about using Deep Matte for a B&W print. I'm looking for advice here since I've not used or even seen this product. My understanding is that it's a lower contrast paper that produces softer colors but I've not seen any discussion about it's suitability for B&W.

Thoughts?

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #2 · Fuji Deep Matte paper

Now, if contrast and pop arenít a part of your shooting aesthetic, Fuji Deep Matte is most likely the way to go. This truly smooth paper gives a gentle and soft feeling to the images that need it. Subtly lit newborn and infant portraits, intimate bride moments, the images that arenít too heavy, dark, or busy. If your images are a little desaturated, or warm, or have a lot of empty space, Fuji Deep Matte can enhance those qualities for the viewer, and it looks downright lovely with black and whites (low contrast of course).

Quoted from here:

http://www.gettotallyrad.com/blog/prodpi-helps-you-choose-the-right-photo-paper/

Apr 26, 2013 at 05:15 AM
Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #3 · Fuji Deep Matte paper

Thanks. I think the print I have in mind needs more contrast than the Fuji paper can offer. Maybe next time.

Apr 26, 2013 at 08:32 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password