Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Where to find replacement Nikon lens parts?? Anyone??

lsutigerfan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Where to find replacement Nikon lens parts?? Anyone??

I can't find any place that sells Nikon lens mount screws. It's ridiculous. Nikon UK requires a UK address to sell parts....but they will basically sell anything you want. Name plates, bottom plates, sensors, etc.

I live in the US obviously, but as this lens is not under warranty I'd die before sending Nikon this lens to have a $150 quote to replace 3 lens screws. Does anyone know if all Nikon AF-S lenses (consumer grade) use the same basic, cheap micro screws for the lens mounting ring?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Apr 25, 2013 at 06:15 PM
Tom Harpstead
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Where to find replacement Nikon lens parts?? Anyone??

Do you think you can get Nikon UK to give you the specs for the screws you need? You can then find a vendor here to sell you the screws.

I know my local hardware store carries an insane selection of micro screws.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1MoreFord

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Where to find replacement Nikon lens parts?? Anyone??

Have you tried Boca Photo?

Apr 26, 2013 at 02:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

SEMiller

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Where to find replacement Nikon lens parts?? Anyone??

Don't even bother trying boca. They don't ship, don't answer emails and there is no way to otherwise contact them.

Apr 26, 2013 at 02:53 AM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Where to find replacement Nikon lens parts?? Anyone??

That would be shame if Boca has become unreliable. I have used them for years with great success but I have heard some stories lately. You might try calling them, their contact information is as follows

Precision Photo
20061 Ballantrae Drive
Macomb Township, MI 48044
US

Owner Eric Gottlieb phone 586-532-2070

Hope you have some luck. The other really good place is in San Deigo

Pro Camera Repair
7910 Raytheon Rd San Diego, California 92111
(858) 277-3700
www.procamerarepair.com

Best of Luck

Dave

Apr 26, 2013 at 03:22 AM
SEMiller

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Where to find replacement Nikon lens parts?? Anyone??

Unfortunately, Eric has become completely unresponsive. It has been reported that he does not return phone calls, by the way. I placed an order with him for a small cap for a Nikon flash. Other then an automated response following the order, there was simply no response whatsoever to my inquiries about a delivery date. I never bothered to call because so many people said that no one picked up the phone, that your only option was to leave a message, and no one ever gets a return call.

Now, maybe because my order was small he couldn't be bothered with it. If that was the case, i should have been notified that he had no intention of filling it. The only point in his favor is that he did not place the sale through on my credit card.

The ps to this is I stopped at Nikon USA in Melville (not far from where I live and work) and the service dept gave me the cap for free.

Apr 27, 2013 at 01:37 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password