Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

Dave Inman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon 300mm F2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II

Sold

Price: $4,700.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: UPS ground insured

Edit 5/19/13 How much lower do I need to go to move this bad boy $4700.00 is all it will cost you to own this gem.

Edit 5/8/13 - Any offers? This is a great lens that is almost new and now that I have my 500/4 it is not getting used. It needs a new home badly!!!

Edit 5/3/13 - price drop to $4800 plus no paypal and no shipping.

Edit 4/30/13: I'll cover the paypal fee and most of the shipping cost (flat $50 net to ship). Total net from buyer $5050.00 and it is yours (Of course there will be no shipping at all for a local deal). That's over $800 less than a new lens for one that is about 10 months old.

I'm relatively new to these boards but have been lurking for about a year. I bought this lens new from B&H about 10 months ago and have used it extensively for mainly bird images as a hobby. I decided I needed a little more length so recently picked up a 500/4 from a member here about 2 weeks ago. I have no use for both lenses so I've decided to give up the 300/2.8.

Lens comes with rear lens caps, original front hood and replacement realtree lens hood (much easier to get on and off than original), Lens coat, and soft case, and manuals. I do not have the original box. It appears that my wife used it to packages something up at Christmas and I never got it back!!!

The lens is practically new. The glass is crystal clear and the lens takes exceptional images. I bought the lens coat at the same time as the lens (also from B&H) and put it on the day they arrived. I have never taken it off. If you would like additional pictures of the lens without the lens coat let me know.

I am not a professional photographer so I hope the images I am posting are adequate. I can post more if need be.

Since I have little feedback and have never sold anything online I am a bit cautious and I would prefer to deal somewhat locally on a cash basis if at all possible. I live North of Pittsburgh but have children in Raleigh, NC and in the Philadelphia are and travel to those destinations frequently. I would also be willing to drive within a couple of hours of my home to meet you. That leaves an area from approx Buffalo, NY through Central Ohio, all of Pennsylvania and most of NJ to Raleigh, NC.

Price shown is net to me. If I need to ship this actual shipping costs plus paypal fee will be added.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Nikon TC-20E-III

Sold

Price: $350.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: UPS ground insured

Again, practically brand new. At the time I bought the lens B&H had these on backorder so I bought this from Adorama. When I bought the 500/f (along with a Gitzo tripod and Wimberley head ) Will (the seller) threw in a 1.4x tc as a freebie so I am selling the 2.0x. This is the USA version.

Front and rear caps are included along with the original box and manuals.

Price shown is net to me and excludes shipping/paypal fees.

All items

Edited on Jun 02, 2013 at 08:26 PM · View previous versions

Apr 24, 2013 at 09:06 PM
Dave Inman
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

How do I attach additional images? I was going to upload a copy of both invoices from B&H and Adorama but was only able to upload 5 pictures?

Apr 24, 2013 at 09:10 PM
ibobirg

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

I think you have to put up a reply and upload in there, five at a time.

Apr 24, 2013 at 09:26 PM
MichGoBlue
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

PM sent

Apr 25, 2013 at 02:36 PM
Dave Inman
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

All pm's have been replied to

Apr 25, 2013 at 07:48 PM
Dave Inman
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

Here is a copy of the order I placed with B&H on 6/13/12. I was going to include a copy of the Adorama order for the TC along with a couple of pictures as well but it appears that the TC has already been sold.

Apr 25, 2013 at 07:59 PM
Dave Inman
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

Nikon TC-20E sold to MichGoBlue.

I inadvertently marked both items as sold. Is there any way to reverse that or do I need to re-post the lens?

Thanks

Apr 26, 2013 at 07:32 AM
aerie

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

Very interested could you post some pics without the lenscoat? Thanks

May 12, 2013 at 09:22 AM
Dave Inman
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

Here are a few pictures of the lens without the lenscoat. As I said in my original post. I put the lenscoat on the same day the lens arrives and this is the first time it has been off. I have checked the lens thoroughly and the only wear that I see is on the foot and that is most likely due to handholding. Although I used the lens with a tripod on occasion it is very easily handheld and I quite often went birding without my tripod with this lens.

The Arca Swiss plate that you see goes with the lens.

Slight wear on both sides of the lens foot

May 12, 2013 at 07:30 PM
Dave Inman
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

Additional images.

May 27, 2013 at 07:21 PM
Dave Inman
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

Sale pending

May 28, 2013 at 09:04 PM
paxton

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sold: Nikon 300 f2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR II Lower price!!!

Sale completed.

Jun 02, 2013 at 07:54 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.