Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fishing in Maui

fcarucci

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fishing in Maui

On our road back from Hana in Hawaii Lina and me were lucky enough to meet this sunset.

We wrote a blog post about how we created this image from capture to postprocessing, hope you'll enjoy!

Fishing in Maui

Apr 24, 2013 at 09:12 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fishing in Maui

nice one

Apr 25, 2013 at 03:12 AM
savingspaces
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fishing in Maui

Beautiful!!!!

Apr 25, 2013 at 03:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fishing in Maui

Hi Francesco,

You have a pretty cool looking shot here. I checked out your blog, it's pretty nice, though I was disappointed as you wrote here that the blog was "how we created this image from capture to postprocessing". And yet really, about all you said in any real detail was that you couldn't use an ND grad on this shot so you had to use a layer mask. From the way you worded it in your thread, I was expecting screen captures, etc... showing your work flow. Anyway, maybe that's just me? The shot itself is nice.

Jim

Apr 25, 2013 at 08:26 AM
fcarucci

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fishing in Maui

JimFox wrote:
Hi Francesco,

You have a pretty cool looking shot here. I checked out your blog, it's pretty nice, though I was disappointed as you wrote here that the blog was "how we created this image from capture to postprocessing". And yet really, about all you said in any real detail was that you couldn't use an ND grad on this shot so you had to use a layer mask. From the way you worded it in your thread, I was expecting screen captures, etc... showing your work flow. Anyway, maybe that's just me? The shot itself is nice.

Jim

Thanks for the good feedback, Jim, I try to balance the amount of details in the blog to not scare off novice photographers but from your feedback I understand you would like more information in the future. Would you be more interested about the actual capture or the post processing workflow?

Thanks again, very valuable!

Apr 25, 2013 at 03:13 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fishing in Maui

A nice image with a nice foreground.

Apr 25, 2013 at 04:59 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password