FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Waiting for Spring

Hardcore
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Waiting for Spring

We are still in the thick of Winter up here it seems. Snow the last 2 days. Going to be June before the ice is off the lake now. Good thing I have my photography and my family or else I would be checking myself in

These 2 shots are of the river that flows behind my house. Shot with the d800 + 14-24mm + Fotodiox polarizer.

I really love the fact I don't have to use Grad-ND filters anymore with the increased dynamic range of the D800. I love working on just 1 image even though I'm still in the practice in the field of shooting 7 bracketed images.

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:35 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Waiting for Spring

I like both images.

Apr 24, 2013 at 09:50 AM
Shiva dancing
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Waiting for Spring

Very nice captures - the word that comes to mind is "expansive."

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Waiting for Spring

Thanks Ben!

Thanks Steve!

Apr 24, 2013 at 07:06 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Waiting for Spring

Hey Corey,

That's a very nice backyard you have there. Both of these are very nice images, I think I like #2 the best, though the area around the sun may be just a hair too hot still.

Yeah, it's great with the D800 to simply need just one shot in most cases now, so you can stop with with the machine gunning of your camera with every shot. I did always raise an eyebrow though when I was out shooting and it was scene that even with an older camera would take maybe two shots at most to blend, and there would be this constant machine gunning by someone around me having to take 7 shots of every composition...

Jim

Apr 24, 2013 at 07:35 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Waiting for Spring

Great set!
Your second 'portrait orientation' comp seems more balanced to me. Perhaps because the foreground rocks are not so close to the frame's bottom edge.
The only distraction for me is the trees leaning to the sides. That was probably cause by tilting the lens up. If it bothers you, it should be an easy fix before printing.

Apr 24, 2013 at 07:45 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Waiting for Spring

I think the 2nd one is more balanced as well. However....they are both quite nice. Thanks for sharing them both. I hope Spring finds you soon!

Apr 24, 2013 at 07:59 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Waiting for Spring

JimFox wrote:
Hey Corey,

That's a very nice backyard you have there. Both of these are very nice images, I think I like #2 the best, though the area around the sun may be just a hair too hot still.

Yeah, it's great with the D800 to simply need just one shot in most cases now, so you can stop with with the machine gunning of your camera with every shot. I did always raise an eyebrow though when I was out shooting and it was scene that even with an older camera would take maybe two shots at most to blend, and
...Show more

Thanks Jim. I will definitely stop the bracketing .

Fred Miranda wrote:
Great set!
Your second 'portrait orientation' comp seems more balanced to me. Perhaps because the foreground rocks are not so close to the frame's bottom edge.
The only distraction for me is the trees leaning to the sides. That was probably cause by tilting the lens up. If it bothers you, it should be an easy fix before printing.

Thanks Fred. Thanks for pointing out the trees. I will definitely correct that and must not have had the camera level like you said.

treebeard wrote:
I think the 2nd one is more balanced as well. However....they are both quite nice. Thanks for sharing them both. I hope Spring finds you soon!

Thanks! 11 degrees celcius on Saturday! Spring is coming.

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM
alfresco
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Waiting for Spring

Nice duo - I like them both. Here's to Spring!

Apr 25, 2013 at 07:44 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Waiting for Spring

Beautiful! love em both.

Apr 25, 2013 at 08:07 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.