Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2013 · Waiting for Spring
  
 
Hardcore
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Waiting for Spring


We are still in the thick of Winter up here it seems. Snow the last 2 days. Going to be June before the ice is off the lake now. Good thing I have my photography and my family or else I would be checking myself in

These 2 shots are of the river that flows behind my house. Shot with the d800 + 14-24mm + Fotodiox polarizer.

I really love the fact I don't have to use Grad-ND filters anymore with the increased dynamic range of the D800. I love working on just 1 image even though I'm still in the practice in the field of shooting 7 bracketed images.






  NIKON D800    14.0-24.0 mm f/2.8 lens    14mm    f/14.0    1/1s    100 ISO    -1.0 EV  






  NIKON D800    14.0-24.0 mm f/2.8 lens    14mm    f/14.0    3s    100 ISO    +1.0 EV  




Apr 24, 2013 at 01:35 PM
ben egbert
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Waiting for Spring


I like both images.


Apr 24, 2013 at 02:50 PM
Shiva dancing
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Waiting for Spring


Very nice captures - the word that comes to mind is "expansive."


Apr 24, 2013 at 03:51 PM
Hardcore
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Waiting for Spring


Thanks Ben!

Thanks Steve!



Apr 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
JimFox
Offline
• • • • • • •
Moderator
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Waiting for Spring


Hey Corey,

That's a very nice backyard you have there. Both of these are very nice images, I think I like #2 the best, though the area around the sun may be just a hair too hot still.

Yeah, it's great with the D800 to simply need just one shot in most cases now, so you can stop with with the machine gunning of your camera with every shot. I did always raise an eyebrow though when I was out shooting and it was scene that even with an older camera would take maybe two shots at most to blend, and there would be this constant machine gunning by someone around me having to take 7 shots of every composition...

Jim



Apr 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Waiting for Spring


Great set!
Your second 'portrait orientation' comp seems more balanced to me. Perhaps because the foreground rocks are not so close to the frame's bottom edge.
The only distraction for me is the trees leaning to the sides. That was probably cause by tilting the lens up. If it bothers you, it should be an easy fix before printing.



Apr 25, 2013 at 12:45 AM
treebeard
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Waiting for Spring


I think the 2nd one is more balanced as well. However....they are both quite nice. Thanks for sharing them both. I hope Spring finds you soon!


Apr 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Hardcore
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Waiting for Spring


JimFox wrote:
Hey Corey,

That's a very nice backyard you have there. Both of these are very nice images, I think I like #2 the best, though the area around the sun may be just a hair too hot still.

Yeah, it's great with the D800 to simply need just one shot in most cases now, so you can stop with with the machine gunning of your camera with every shot. I did always raise an eyebrow though when I was out shooting and it was scene that even with an older camera would take maybe two shots at most to blend, and
...Show more

Thanks Jim. I will definitely stop the bracketing .


Fred Miranda wrote:
Great set!
Your second 'portrait orientation' comp seems more balanced to me. Perhaps because the foreground rocks are not so close to the frame's bottom edge.
The only distraction for me is the trees leaning to the sides. That was probably cause by tilting the lens up. If it bothers you, it should be an easy fix before printing.


Thanks Fred. Thanks for pointing out the trees. I will definitely correct that and must not have had the camera level like you said.


treebeard wrote:
I think the 2nd one is more balanced as well. However....they are both quite nice. Thanks for sharing them both. I hope Spring finds you soon!


Thanks! 11 degrees celcius on Saturday! Spring is coming.



Apr 25, 2013 at 04:14 AM
alfresco
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Waiting for Spring


Nice duo - I like them both. Here's to Spring!


Apr 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Sunny Sra
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · Waiting for Spring


Beautiful! love em both.


Apr 26, 2013 at 01:07 AM





FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password